Bowl games - Players to watch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowl games - Players to watch

Geordie

Club Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a thread for the bowl games and get folks to put in here whom we should be keeping an eye on. The celebration bowl just kicked off, I had no idea these two colleges existed, anyone to keep an eye on between the mighty Alcorn state and NC A and T ?

I'm interested in how eason is going to do against Boise's D tonight.

I'm interested in how eason is going to do against Boise's D tonight.

Yes that's the pick of the games for me. Got Curtis Weaver (DE) on Boise State whom we could be targeting with a lower first/early second.

Weaver against eason could be a future NFL match up

Eason, has looked like he did earlier in the year. Looks great so far against Boise State

Eason, has looked like he did earlier in the year. Looks great so far against Boise State

I've switched it off now, but Eason was good tonight. He's still a work in progress and probably should return, one thing though that woul concern me is that he's kind of static in the pocket there, if any pass rush gets to him, I don't see a lot of escape-ability, I think you need that in today's NFL.

Weaver for Boise on tonight's game should be nowhere near the first round, hell on tonight's evidence not sure if he's draftable. He's been so disappointing., I've not seen anything of him outside this game and the stats would suggest this game is not indicative of his abilities.

Chuba Hubbard, lightning up the Texas bowl right now, worth keeping an eye on because he could be right in our RB window, probably 2nd or 3rd round.

Too bad that Steelers pick isn’t higher. Sure would like to have Tristan wirfs

Ship has sailed short of our own Miami pick. Looks like a top 10 worthy pick tonight

He’s the best prospect in this game and it’s not close.

Austin Jackson has really nice arm length. Those things are vines. Looks a little raw and I wonder about the anchor as it looks like he lacks sand in the pants in the rear end.

Last edited:
I’ve only seen one negative grade snap in this game from wirfs and it was a goalline one where a guy shot under his pad level. Low man wins

Easily forgiveable

I’ve only seen one negative grade snap in this game from wirfs and it was a goalline one where a guy shot under his pad level. Low man wins

Easily forgiveable

Obviously, I'm rooting for Miami to draft Tua, and option #2 isn't close, but if there's something off with the medical (seems unlikely based on what I've read), the best option would be to trade down, and in that scenario, Lamb would be my top option followed by OT (Wirfs toward the top of the list). OT is more pressing, but you don't often get the chance to draft such a QB-friendly WR who also has big-play ability, and Lamb's impact has a higher ceiling. Still, I'd understand going with someone like Wirfs after a trade down, and, overall, I'd applaud the move - hell of a lot better than drafting Christian Wilkins.

Chuba Hubbard, lightning up the Texas bowl right now, worth keeping an eye on because he could be right in our RB window, probably 2nd or 3rd round.

Only watched the first half, dude can run.

He’s a sophomore no? Third year Soph?

Back
Top Bottom