Boy, am I glad we got "Tuff" Turk!!..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boy, am I glad we got "Tuff" Turk!!.....

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Had that been Royals getting hit, the ball wouldve been blocked......Im glad Royals is gone, Turk was awsome for his first game....ah, finally no more punting woes!:cool:

Thank god. I always thought Royals at Punter was the weakest position on the team.

Good show Turk :eat:

Why didn't we get the roughing the punter call? I missed it.

Actually I think Turk had kind of a tough day. Turk's punting wasn't spectacular. The only thing different is he didn't shank one.

Uh CK. 3 in the 20 is considered a great day for a punter.

Yes it is Jaj...so now that Punter is not our worst position...what is? LOLB??? Morlon Greenwood? Damn, and he isn't even bad...shows how strong our team is.

I would say the the O-line is our only concern now. Ricky had no room all day. Either Perry or Nails has got to be replaced when Dixon gets healthy.

Re: Boy, am I glad we got "Tuff" Turk!!.....

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Had that been Royals getting hit, the ball wouldve been blocked......Im glad Royals is gone, Turk was awsome for his first game....ah, finally no more punting woes!:cool:

..........AMEN ............

Marino1983

IMO I think Turk was great in his first game this year with the fins.

We still need to return punts and kicks better. KC is winning because of ST and a guy called Danute...Rogers or our blocking or something on returns have got give us something, when westfault was coaching, he had holes but no speed to get to them, now we have speed, but no holes..We've got to get this down, we will need ST's in some games to get us though.

Waitaminute...

Turk does this
5 Punts
3 Inside the 20
34.8 Average

and our punting Woes are over...

But Royals did this
5 Punts
2 Inside the 20
40.6 Average

and he sucks?

I'm sorry, could somebody please explain to me how what Turk did today was sooo much better than what we did with Royals?

Originally posted by Barbarian
Waitaminute...

Turk does this
5 Punts
3 Inside the 20
34.8 Average

and our punting Woes are over...

But Royals did this
5 Punts
2 Inside the 20
40.6 Average

and he sucks?

I'm sorry, could somebody please explain to me how what Turk did today was sooo much better than what we did with Royals?

No shanks.

But, I'd concede that the only thing Turk did was give himself another week. Jury is still out IMO

I'll say one thing Turk helped with (as opposed to if another punter had been brought in): Mare 3/3 FG. If he's so concerned about having a holder he's familiar with, it's a good thing he made his kicks today. That is one of the best stats from the game today, aside from just winning a tough game on the road.

Barbarian

How about looking up Royal's hang time on those punting averages.

Perhaps I'll save you the trouble of looking at the tapes and just say Royals averages were inflated because his punts were 30 yards in the air and would roll when the return men were not expecting such a short kick. If Royals had a punt with more than 3.8 seconds of hang time I certainly missed it over the last 9 games (including last season).

Turk was fine, if you look at the tape and note the long snapper was a also major problem (especially on his last punt).

An excellent move by Spielman

Back
Top Bottom