Brackens Hurt- Trade Ogun for Taylor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brackens Hurt- Trade Ogun for Taylor

nyfinzfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
If I was Spielman Im trading Ogun for Fred Taylor. Brackens is Hurt and Hugh Douglas looks like crap. They need a pass rush. I then sign Kenny Holmes immediately to replace Ogun. I then call Tampa Bay and offer a 4th for Mccardell. The offense would have Fred Taylor and Keenan. That would be a major improvement and not much of a loss. We need to do something on offense and those two guys can get it done. Ill preface this by saying by the sounds of the oline reports it doesnt matter who get were gonna get shredded. :cry:

how much money you planning to spend? i suppose rick is suppose to pull a rabbit out of his *** again and make it all happen. :goof:

true that but hey he'd have to be creative. im sure holmes would be minimal and mccardell would have to realize hes number two to chambers. Taylors salary would have to be covered by rickys and you would get out from under oguns huge payday. If were going for it this year a bold move needs to be made. Minor and morris wont get it done. neither will DT or newsome you might as well watch chambers get double and triple teamed. :cool:

nyfinzfan said:
If I was Spielman Im trading Ogun for Fred Taylor. Brackens is Hurt and Hugh Douglas looks like crap. They need a pass rush. I then sign Kenny Holmes immediately to replace Ogun. I then call Tampa Bay and offer a 4th for Mccardell. The offense would have Fred Taylor and Keenan. That would be a major improvement and not much of a loss. We need to do something on offense and those two guys can get it done. Ill preface this by saying by the sounds of the oline reports it doesnt matter who get were gonna get shredded. :cry:

It would make more sense for jax to sign holmes. If they get rid of Taylor they'd be in more trouble.

they have decent depth at RB so trading Taylor isnt that far fetched

soemething BOLD needs to be done. Win Now. The worst offseason in teams history cant be followed by a crap season or this team is going to be in major turmoil

nyfinzfan said:
DW probably would rather have Greg Jones, but a Jones for OGun trade is not equal value for Miami. They would need something else in return, like a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
Taylor is not the type back DW likes, plus he does come with injury concerns. I know Jones had the knee, but he is just the type back DW likes.

Forget about trading anymore picks. Miami has already given away enough of their future.

Taylor has had too many injurys over the past couple of years and I don't think that would be a wise choice. I'd say, Taylor for Ogun plus a third rd pick then take that pick and trade for McCardell we still keep our pick and we get two very good players for one.Then we will still have money to maybe sign a FA DE...I don't know sounds fare to me.

Jax is not letting go of Taylor. All of you who think so are fools. We have just as good a shot at getting LT or PH or Portis even, LOL. Jax's coaches and FO have been saying all off season how big Taylor is going to be in this offense for the next few years. It won't happen. Remember that Jacksonville's offense is pegged to be one of the best in years to come. Taylor is still relativly young and he has been injury free for awhile now. He's is good for 1600 yards this year. You wait and see.

I wasn't being too literal when I said "you fools", just implying that it would be very foolish to even get that idea in one's head. Taylor is staying put.

we would be better off taking greg jones and wilford from them...jones is going to be stud is this league....mark it down....would have been first back taken 2 years ago if not injured

Back
Top Bottom