Brady or Manning | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady or Manning

If you had read the entire thread then you would find that I had addressed your points....and debunked them. Have fun with your "guessing" though.I'll stick to my irrefutable facts and objective points. :up:

However, I'll go ahead and tell you again. BB is probably the greatest defensive minded coach in NFL history. Not even the 49ers, with Joe Montana, could compete with a BB defense. Montana is 0-3 against BB defenses. Did you read that part of my post?

Again, come at me with some VALID points to refute my opinions, or keep with your "guesses", I don't care. However, if you, a Patriots fan on a Dolphins forum, want to debate further with me, a Dolphins fan on a Dolphins forum, you're going to have to do better than that. :beer1:

You have 'stats' to back up a personal opinion, one shared only by Brady-haters. The fact is, Brady is one of the best qb's to ever play the game. That will be his legacy. Nobody who actually follows the NFL will ever think he was 'average' or 'ok', except for, well, guys like you.

You might find it hard to believe, but every qb, great, good, average, etc, actually has an entire organization around him, not just Brady.

FYI, I'm on a 'general nfl' forum. I browse the Fins forum, but rarely post. I've never seen you post there either, unelss there was the obligatory 'brady sucks and i'll prove it' post or two. Some fin fan you are.

You mean 6 years after BB left and two more coaching changes? Yeah, that has a lot to do with BB. Unless you meant that the Baltimore team still had a lot of BB's hand picked players. I'll look at the roster during BB's last year and Baltimore's SB winning roster. :rolleyes:

So it wasn't Belichick's fault that he wasn't successful in Cleveland. Everything that New England has done is a credit to him. Brady becoming the Qb and Belichick winning happening at the same time is just a coincidence.

Statistics lie, you can watch a game and a guy will play terrible yet have statistics that are good. Yet a guy can have horrible statistics but if you watch he's much better than what they end up being.

You don't think Brady is good. We get it.

As for Manning he is great and probably will have all the records when he retires. Yet you failed to mention that maybe his stats are elevated because he's played with a HOF WR and a borderline HOF RB in James. He's had the benefit of playing in-doors. I know Brady is a product of the system right? How many offensive coordinators has Manning had?

I'm not arguing whose better because it's a toss-up. You've posted that Brady is average in other threads stating that the experts agree with you. Still i've yet to hear an "expert," say that Brady is average.

Jay Fiedler was an average Qb who won. Tom Brady is a great Qb who wins. I find a significant difference between the two.

Just one, himself. Peyton is calling the shots on the field. Brady only does what he is told.

Didn't know Manning came into the league designed his own scheme then implemented it. Jim Kelly called his own plays. Does that make him better than Elway?

Every player in the league plays under a coach and is given direction.

Those who are questioning my "stats" or claiming they are somehow false or not truthful or my favorite, "stats that back up my personal opinion" << Well, no **** Einstein.... are just spinning. The stats, do you people know what stats are? back-up my personal opinion. And that is, Brady is an OK QB who is smart, practices hard and seems to be a team-player, however, he is not that good physically wise. He can't make the throws of the all time greats and can't win more than 10 games with a defense ranked lower than 5th.

If you guys can't refute me..just don't post. You're spinning and inability to have a debate using FACTS and STATS is not really accomplishing anything.

Didn't know Manning came into the league designed his own scheme then implemented it. Jim Kelly called his own plays. Does that make him better than Elway?

Every player in the league plays under a coach and is given direction.

Never said anything about one being better than the other, just making my case on who I would choose. Of course Indy has an offensive coordinator to draw up the plays and handle the x's and o's. But when it's game time, he gives Peyton a list of plays and Manning chooses which play to run.

And stay on subject. We are talking about Manning and Brady, not anyone else.

Never said anything about one being better than the other, just making my case on who I would choose. Of course Indy has an offensive coordinator to draw up the plays and handle the x's and o's. But when it's game time, he gives Peyton a list of plays and Manning chooses which play to run.

And stay on subject. We are talking about Manning and Brady, not anyone else.

It was using a comparison to make a point. Jim Kelly was given the same thing as Peyton. While Elway had a person calling plays. So while the names don't matter. It is relevant as two opposing players who were in similar situations.

Manning any day

Much like our beloved Marino was, Manning is a system, Brady while a great QB is more of a cog in a system.

Marino and Manning changed the way thier teams offenses were ran because of thier talent and thier ability to read defenses and make the correct audibles to beat the defense.

Brady has played within an existing offensive system and dosent have quite as much resposibility to lead the offense 100 % on his own shoulders since his coaches call most of his plays without as much audibling.

Point is, give me Manning any day.

Those who are questioning my "stats" or claiming they are somehow false or not truthful or my favorite, "stats that back up my personal opinion" << Well, no **** Einstein.... are just spinning. The stats, do you people know what stats are? back-up my personal opinion. And that is, Brady is an OK QB who is smart, practices hard and seems to be a team-player, however, he is not that good physically wise. He can't make the throws of the all time greats and can't win more than 10 games with a defense ranked lower than 5th.

If you guys can't refute me..just don't post. You're spinning and inability to have a debate using FACTS and STATS is not really accomplishing anything.

Never said you were false or untruthful. You seem to consider the stats to be the be all - end all in determining the worth of a qb, in this case Brady. I think thats shortsighted at best. At worst, you're just a hater who uses stats to back up a minority opinion.

Manning is a great passer. Does he call his own plays? Sort of. From all reports, he goes to the line with three plays and decides which one based on the defense. Those plays come from the sideline. Thats cool. It should be pretty easy for him since he's been playing in the same system his entire nfl career.

Brady does the same thing. He just isn't as obnoxious about it, running up & down the line, moving his arms all over the place.

There is no debate in my mind. Brady is the best qb of my lifetime in my opinion. I don't post to try to get you to change your mind or to win an argument. You can go to your grave knowing in your heart that Brady sucks. thats fine by me. Everyone else with a clue will know the truth.

Some people on this forum make me appreciate the ignore feature more and more everyday lol.

Never said you were false or untruthful. You seem to consider the stats to be the be all - end all in determining the worth of a qb, in this case Brady. I think thats shortsighted at best. At worst, you're just a hater who uses stats to back up a minority opinion.

Manning is a great passer. Does he call his own plays? Sort of. From all reports, he goes to the line with three plays and decides which one based on the defense. Those plays come from the sideline. Thats cool. It should be pretty easy for him since he's been playing in the same system his entire nfl career.

Brady does the same thing. He just isn't as obnoxious about it, running up & down the line, moving his arms all over the place.

There is no debate in my mind. Brady is the best qb of my lifetime in my opinion. I don't post to try to get you to change your mind or to win an argument. You can go to your grave knowing in your heart that Brady sucks. thats fine by me. Everyone else with a clue will know the truth.

Of course I use STATS. Do you know why stats are used? Because they are objective and don't allow a person's man-crush on a certain player to come into play when discussing the GOAT.

Brady is the greatest QB in your LIFETIME?!? That explains a lot. You're 3 yrs old and your first year of watching football was Brady's 2007 season and you missed his choke against the Giants. That's the ONLY reason Brady would be considered the greatest QB in anybody's lifetime. :sidelol:

New Masters

Yeah, the mancrush on Brady should be on unexplained mysteries.

Face it NE fans the ride is over, pay homage to your new masters the Miami Dolphins

Back
Top Bottom