Brady Quinn-Funny Quote | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Quinn-Funny Quote

PROUDMONKEY

Practice Squad
Reaction score
from this past weekends mini camp, a cleveland beat writer wrote...

"Quinn threw consecutive balls into a brisk wind that could be described charitably as wounded ducks. Each ball looked to hit a brick wall in midair and plummet, one far short of the intended and uncovered receiver. Quinn compensated on the next pass and overthrew a receiver.''...-- Cleveland Plain Dealer---Tony Grossi

I love it!!!

Dont get me wrong, I hope Quinn does well in the NFL, I just hope Beck does better! Just thought it was a funny quote.

Some of the quarterbacks we have had didn't even need a brisk wind to throw up ducks. We can't laugh too much because we have had enough quarterback blues to go around for everybody.

I wonder what our fans reactions would be to this if he was a Dolphin. Would we be looking for excuses of why that's okay?

I wonder what our fans reactions would be to this if he was a Dolphin. Would we be looking for excuses of why that's okay?
No excuses needed really. Fact is, this happened on his first mini camp, and he hasn't played much football the last several weeks. Every rookie has to adjust to new weather conditions, and the new ball. Guess what? Beck struggled gripping the ball, the humidity in Miami made the ball too slick.

Us dolfans are in denial. Just a few weeks ago, more than 80% of this site were on the Brady Quinn bandwagon, now we all think he's going to be a bust. :shakeno: Now I'm not saying I don't like Ginn, Ginn is a very unique athlete, but there's no reason for me to bash Brady just because we didn't drafted him. Brady Quinn will be a special player in this league.

Cleveland's offense looks much better on paper than our own, with Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Kellen Winslow Jr, Braylon Edwards, Joe Jurevicious and Brady Quinn. With that much talent on offense, and a pending LeCharles Bentley, it will be hard for Quinn to be a bust in the NFL. I mean, you really have to stink it up bad to bust with that much talent surrounding you.

No excuses needed really. Fact is, this happened on his first mini camp, and he hasn't played much football the last several weeks. Every rookie has to adjust to new weather conditions, and the new ball. Guess what? Beck struggled gripping the ball, the humidity in Miami made the ball too slick.

Us dolfans are in denial. Just a few weeks ago, more than 80% of this site were on the Brady Quinn bandwagon, now we all think he's going to be a bust. :shakeno: Now I'm not saying I don't like Ginn, Ginn is a very unique athlete, but there's no reason for me to bash Brady just because we didn't drafted him. Brady Quinn will be a special player in this league.

Cleveland's offense looks much better on paper than our own, with Joe Thomas, Eric Steinbach, Kellen Winslow Jr, Braylon Edwards, Joe Jurevicious and Brady Quinn. With that much talent on offense, and a pending LeCharles Bentley, it will be hard for Quinn to be a bust in the NFL. I mean, you really have to stink it up bad to bust with that much talent surrounding you.

Everything you said right before you went crazy (see bold writing) is true and I also hope Quinn develops into a star.

But when you say that Cleveland looks better on paper than we do, it makes you seem dyslexic or illiterate.

If you choose any Cleveland player over Ronnie Brown, Chris Chambers, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Joey Porter, Teddy Ginn, Ricky Williams, or even Daunte Culpepper, then you should start looking at re-evaluating players.

The only player worth a look on Cleveland is Kellen Winslow Jr., and we all know the slippery slope he is on.

Now I know Cleveland isn't that bad, but do not say they are better than us on paper, because that is the Dolphin's strength every year, looking good on paper. In the last 4 years we have been one of the best teams, on paper.

Everything you said right before you went crazy (see bold writing) is true and I also hope Quinn develops into a star.

But when you say that Cleveland looks better on paper than we do, it makes you seem dyslexic or illiterate.

If you choose any Cleveland player over Ronnie Brown, Chris Chambers, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Joey Porter, Teddy Ginn, Ricky Williams, or even Daunte Culpepper, then you should start looking at re-evaluating players.

The only player worth a look on Cleveland is Kellen Winslow Jr., and we all know the slippery slope he is on.

Now I know Cleveland isn't that bad, but do not say they are better than us on paper, because that is the Dolphin's strength every year, looking good on paper. In the last 4 years we have been one of the best teams, on paper.
If you read my post, IF YOU READ MY POST, you will see the word "OFFENSE". You even quoted me. :shakeno: And you're calling me dyslexic? You should get your eyes checked. Last I remember, Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, and Joey Porter plays on our defense. Also, the only player worth mentioning on our offense is Ronnie Brown.

Owned.

Beck lived in Boise and came to Florida.
Quinn live in Ohio and moved to...well...Ohio.

Back
Top Bottom