Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016 | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady suspended 4 games, Patriots lose first round pick in 2016

More in this wonderbar thread: http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=69840

:sidelol:

This guy gets it. He knows it's over. And it's delicious.

It's funny, for a lot of reasons, mostly because I didn't think the punishment was harsh enough but after reading how the Patsy fans are taking this...

Zip-gif.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol pats fans all about to jump ship. They all predicting the pats to run the score up on everyone when Brady gets back.

What a joke and an embarrassment of an organization. Seriously. Belichick knew nothing :sidelol:

OK, suddenly Darth Hoodie is Colonel Klink. Sure. Or maybe he's Manuel the waiter from Fawlty Towers. "I know nothing!"

This isn't ENRON or TYCO we're talking about here, in terms of the damage done to people out there in the world. Millions of people aren't watching their retirement funds evaporate because of this stuff. But make no mistake, it's the same motivating factor of naked, unabashed greed.

Brady gets a four week vacation. Belichick is laughing as he kisses the Lombardi. Kraft is lying in a pool of his own vomit and drool on a two hundred thousand dollar carpet after a night of heavy drinking. And some guy who inflates footballs for a living is out of a job, because HE is the bad one here.

It's funny because, well a lot of reasons, mostly because I didn't think the punishment was harsh enough but after reading how the Patsy fans are taking this...

Zip-gif.gif

Exactly. Being in the middle watching Pats fans go ballistic because the punishment is too big and Dolphins fans who are just as angry because the punishment is too small is... weird. Somebody has taken leave of planet Earth, and honestly I think it's everyone.

You go through the threads and it's clear Pats fans expected what I initially expected, a relatively small fine. But the furor over the report from the public demanded a bigger punishment and now that it's here they're acting like their favorite Uncle just got the death penalty for raping and killing an autistic child.

If we as Dolphins fans can't take some delight in their suffering and confusion and rage, then we're just missing out on what life's all about. :lol:

My guess is the hammer came down primarily because the Pats didn't fully cooperate with the league during the investigation. They refused to make one employee available to the league for a second interview, and Brady refused to let them check out his cell phone. My personal feeling is it should have been more since this is the second time the organization has been caught cheating under the same management. Belichick out for 1 year; Brady out for 8 games, and loss of a 2016 first round pick would have been justified, imo.

Not to mention Kraft standing up demanding an apology for the league creating a distraction for them before the Super Bowl.

I think the punishment is a bit harsh for this particular "crime" but you know there are many things they do we probably don't know about, and even things we do know about like signing free agents for intel so they deserve to have the book thrown at them

Hopefully Karma finally catches up with those arrogant cheating scumbags culminating with their "Dynasty" burning out and crumbling like it rightfully should. All of their Superbowls are tarnished, Brady is nearing 40 so his body will start to fail him and after this cheating scandal he should lose some of his luster as the darling of the league. Belichick will start to look like he did back in his Browns days after Brady finally retires , Janeane Garofalo busts while the Patriots sink back down to the basement of the East.

The schadenfreude is delicious, but so is the complete absurdity of, well, everything.

The NFL needs to get it head and ass wired together. If you're going to go through the pseudo legal motions of doing investigations where evidence is gathered and examined and testimony is sought and parsed and then reports are written by lawyers that are drenched in legalese, then go all the way. Make it clear ahead of time -- to the public -- what the "law" is. Have a set system of punishments. In other words, establish an independent -- a truly independent -- legal system. With lawyers. And judges. And juries.

Because the way it is now it's like Goodell and his buddies use these scandals as an excuse to dress up in black robes and powdered wigs and play "court room" so they can put the thinnest veneer over the fact that they're making it up as they go.

Ok, so deflating footballs is like PEDs, and PEDs gets you, uh... hmm. I know! A four game suspension? Whee!

Uh, but Ray Rice only got two games for going Hammer Time on his wife. How is that fair?

So? Jonathan Vilma got a whole year for throwing cash on the barrel head for hits that used to have their own segment on Sportscenter. Bam! Your argument just got... JACKED UP!

If they just dispensed with the charade that it's an actual, legal process, I don't think people would get bent so out of shape over it. Just post a picture of Goodell in his office holding a flower, plucking off the petals one by one going, "he loves me. He loves me not. He loves me..."

Because I think we all know that the NFL really isn't actually interested in crime and punishment for it's own sake (like the US justice system -- at least in theory :lol:). All they really care about is PR. How do they balance their obvious moneyed interest in not punishing anyone at all, because guys like Tom Brady put eyeballs in front of televisions -- with perceived insults to the shield? Where do you draw the line on flags/fines on vicious hits because while there are lawsuits still to come, the fans still love those hits? What do they have to do to guys who smoke a bowl now and then because fatass white people in Topeka don't like their kid's role models using "the pot"?

It's an illegitimate process. So illegitimate that the attempts to make it look legitimate only serve to further undermine it, especially since it seems like every independent arbitrator who gets involved with these things is eventually compelled to point out that the commish and his cronies are buffoons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridiculously light. This is a suitable penalty only without the text messages. Since we have the texts, and considering the stuffy lack of cooperation, it should have been at least a half season, plus a certain number of playoff games, regardless of when they occur.

I would guess the pointspread adjustment will be somewhere in the range of 4-5 points per game. Amidst 4 games it basically means the season win over/under should drop 1 full game. That might not be perfect but it's fairly close. Maybe 1 game but juice on the over, meaning not quite 1 full game. It wouldn't be that much over the course of an entire season -- 1 game per every 4 -- but without time to adjust the 4-5 points is sensible.

and now Pats fans have made a Gofundme page to help raise the million dollars.

Are you f***ing kidding me?

It's not about just Brady, it's about having the cajones to do something to uneven the playing field, all of these rules are in the Rule of Conduct Manual so when did not want to help with the investigation the NFL said thought that he had plenty to say but he digressed. 4 games seem a bit steep but he chosed his poison in thinking that he was the big hot shot that couldn't be touched.

Not surprised it was only 4 games considering Goodell and Kraft are butt buddies, definitely should have been at least half the season, if not more. I swear if it's reduced to 2 or 3 games I will be royally pissed.

Back
Top Bottom