Branch Given Permission To Seek Trade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Branch Given Permission To Seek Trade

I guess that would make Reche Caldwell their #1?

Motion said:
I guess that would make Reche Caldwell their #1?
There is more to it than you think. Branch isnt going to be shipped right out for a trade automatically. He is being given the oppurtunity to see what teams would offer him. If no one offers him the ridiculous amount of money and not much better than what the Pats offered him, he can return to the team and expect the Patriots to put the money back on the table for Branch to give him another oppurtunity to extend his contract.

ThePats said:
There is more to it than you think. Branch isnt going to be shipped right out for a trade automatically. He is being given the oppurtunity to see what teams would offer him. If no one offers him the ridiculous amount of money and not much better than what the Pats offered him, he can return to the team and expect the Patriots to put the money back on the table for Branch to give him another oppurtunity to extend his contract.

I see, any idea when Chad Jackson is expected to be back on the field?

dominizzo said:
KC is the frontrunner to land Deion branch Sirius NFL radio says
They'll be the front runner if they give us what we want for him :wink:

He's worth a 2nd rounder, but I think Hermy would jump in and give a 1st rounder for him. :D

Chad Jackson is doing fine I hear. He's had a bad hamstring since mini camp, the Patriots have him rested for quite a while. He may be back to play the fourth game of pre season, he will be playing Week 1, I think its just precautionary at the moment because a simple hammy injury can get BAD in an instant.

I can't wait to see what Chad Jackson can do. I am a huge Chad Jackson fan. Very explosive player. Sucks, it shouldn't be like this. We should have grabbed him at number 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vertical Limit said:
I can't wait to see what Chad Jackson can do. I am a huge Chad Jackson fan. Very explosive player. Sucks, it shouldn't be like this. We should have grabbed him at number 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we should have drafted a player at a position that we are so deep at that we can use some of them as tradebait and not have picked up anyone in the secondary? I know its your opinion but seriously we are set at WR and Jackson would not have helped the team as much as Allen can if he can get on track....and I know he can see the sig:D

Chad Jackson fits the Pats well IMO. I'd love to see Branch with the Bears but they have very little cap room and wouldn't offer anything for him.

dominizzo said:
KC is the frontrunner to land Deion branch Sirius NFL radio says

if they get branch this team might be very good. I mean there secondary is great and there offense is always good this could be the team to beat in the AFC West.

Straztheman said:
if they get branch this team might be very good. I mean there secondary is great and there offense is always good this could be the team to beat in the AFC West.
I'm sorry, but I don't think Deion Branch makes KC "really good", just a bit better, because they finally have a receiver.

Deion Branch is a system player, he's not a difference maker. He gets a little bit TOO much credit about the way he performs. Tom Brady has thrown some incredibly accurate passes to him. I'm willing to say that the Patriots were better off keeping David Givens to play along side with Chad Jackson.

Sorry to say, but I would be surprised if the Patriots get a 2rd rounder for Deion Branch. Like I said before, he isn't a difference maker. His statistics doesn't stand out because Tom Brady shares the ball with like 7 different players in one game. I mean, there are times he lines up an offensive linemen on the full back position or Vrabel on the tight end position in goal line plays and they catch the touchdown.

@ Sking79:
Yeah, I know, I was messing around. Chad Jackson was one of my favorite players in college. :( He is great.

Back
Top Bottom