Brandon Albert retires | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Albert retires

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Wow, knew he was having a rough camp and that contract talks with the Jags went poorly, but I thought he would play 1 more year

I'm having a good laugh over this. Majorly lucked out there.

Damn, lol. Jags gave up Julius Thomas for basically nothing. Does this impact our other trade at all?

I was always in favor of moving on from Albert. Shame he/we didn't get to experience success together. Great teammate though.
I never liked the move for albert much because his body just cant handle the life of an NFL player. But talented player and obviously a good guy

I don't see how trading a player for a 7th round pick could be called a disaster. If Albert never played a minute for the Jags he would be on par with some 7th round picks. Who ever tak.es Alberts place on the roster likely has as much of a chance as the 7th round pick would have had. Plus with Albert retiring that will be a salary cap benefit for Jacksonville

I bet if he was playing for Gase in Miami, he would play another year.

Boo. Jags media were wrong

“I look forward to returning to Miami, the place that I now call ‘home,’ and running my businesses, while giving back to the community,” Albert said in a release. “While this chapter of my life is coming to an end, my story is still going and I hope you’ll follow along. I will be furthering and finishing my education.”

Albert had stayed away from the voluntary sessions during the offseason trying to renegotiate his contract. He came to the mandatory minicamp and was at the first three days of training camp. At age 32, the grind of going through another camp and another season might have played a part in Albert’s decision to walk away now. Albert gave no specific reason for retirement in his statement. Albert, who was acquired by Jacksonville in an offseason trade with the Dolphins, walks away from a 2017 base salary of $8.875 million.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jaguars-de...randen-albert-suddenly-retires-150448149.html

Back
Top Bottom