Brandon Gibson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Gibson

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
Many here do not like this guy for assorted reasons. Here's what he did last year.

He had 794 snaps, ranked #33 on PFF overall, caught 51 of 75 targets for 691 yards, and 5 TD's. If ya go to receiving only, PFF had him as #21 of all NFL WR's playing half a team's snaps. He had catches of 23, 34, 22, 22, 24, 24, 20, and 21 yards.

Don't know how he did that, as he is too slow, along with other problems. Whatever, I hope he does at least as much for us this year.

the guy isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. he is a possession wr

His stats are inflated due to who he was playing with last year....for instance the QB play on the Rams was better than we have yet to see from our rook last year and the WR's on his team weren't as good as Miami has now. So odds are he'll get less targets here, just about nothing points to him having a better year than he did last year , other than if WR's start getting hurt.

My point being, if you think he's the 21's best WR's in the NFL than you are WAY OFF because Gidson " on a good day " is maybe only a top 60 WR's. I have nothing bad to say about him, i just see things the way they are. He's a decent WR.

Nothing special about him and most years in the nfl he has been a poor man;s Davone Bess .

Many here do not like this guy for assorted reasons. Here's what he did last year.

He had 794 snaps, ranked #33 on PFF overall, caught 51 of 75 targets for 691 yards, and 5 TD's. If ya go to receiving only, PFF had him as #21 of all NFL WR's playing half a team's snaps. He had catches of 23, 34, 22, 22, 24, 24, 20, and 21 yards.

Don't know how he did that, as he is too slow, along with other problems. Whatever, I hope he does at least as much for us this year
Probably the same way Davone Bess had catches of 23, 39, 25, 28, 21, 20, 23, 20 and 21...and we all know Bess was slow.

Progress Stopper. Don't like him.

We are developing him as a bigger, faster version of Bess. A guy who can play the slot, but is also acceptable as a boundary WR.

I don't think anyone expects him to be the next Megatron.

Probably the same way Davone Bess had catches of 23, 39, 25, 28, 21, 20, 23, 20 and 21...and we all know Bess was slow.

Did not see that last year, just went by longest gain on Gibson.

His stats are inflated due to who he was playing with last year....for instance the QB play on the Rams was better than we have yet to see from our rook last year and the WR's on his team weren't as good as Miami has now. So odds are he'll get less targets here, just about nothing points to him having a better year than he did last year , other than if WR's start getting hurt.

My point being, if you think he's the 21's best WR's in the NFL than you are WAY OFF because Gidson " on a good day " is maybe only a top 60 WR's. I have nothing bad to say about him, i just see things the way they are. He's a decent WR.

Lol... With that I guess Adrian Peterson's and Ray Rice's numbers are inflated because they have good offensive lines. I always find the whole, "inflated stats" arguement pretty funny. All it is really is is people trying to take away a players accomplishments to prove their own point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, Gibson is learning to play the slot this year. Philbin wants the WR's to know how to play every position. That's why they got rid of Bess cause he can only play slot.

It all comes to TDs for me. If Gibson gets 5+ tds this year than the 3 million a year we are paying him is reasonable. Gibson, Wallace, Keller were all brought in to score TDs, Wallace will also be asked to generate explosive plays down field. Last year our best red zone threat was Anthony Fasano and our starting receivers combined for 2 tds that is unacceptable. This year we should be much improved

Kinda funny that Hartline having only one TD matters but, Gibson having 5, in many fewer plays, does not. I am confused.

Back
Top Bottom