Brandon Jones | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Jones

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score

When we think of the Miami Dolphins secondary, Brandon Jones' name doesn't come up much but maybe it's time that it should.

Jones hasn't been as consistent as many fans might want but his last two games have been good and he has made a big impact in the turnover department.

Two weeks ago against the Jets, Jones had his first two-interception game, in fact, his two INTs doubled his career total. Last week against Dallas, his quick thinking recovered the Dak Prescott fumble on the one-yard line.

Is Jones the recipient of good fortune and blind luck or is there something more to this system that fits his abilities more?

Jones has played in every game this year and has been forced to start due to injuries to Jevon Holland and DeShon Elliott. He has played well. Last week he logged in 9 combined tackles and against the Jets, he logged five.

With two games to go, Jones has 6 starts in 2023 which is one shy of last year but off the 13 he started in 2021. Statistically, he is consistent with his previous numbers vs. the number of games started/played.

Jones isn't going to win any mid-week awards but his play the last two weeks can't be summarily dismissed either. He has stepped up and his ability to be in the right place at the right time has been fortuitous. Miami will eventually get Holland back and Jones' reps will decrease when that happens but for now, he has done a pretty good job to hold down the deep secondary.

1703861962314.png

brandon jones is an excellent player and was a star in the previous scheme.

the fact that holland and elliott are better fits (as starters) for what Fangio is running now is what it is, but i am very glad brandon jones is on the team.

i would like fangio to figure out ways to use him more.

He's a liability in coverage and takes bad angles. However he has filled in well the past few weeks. He has a niche and that's blitzing and hitting any player, the opponent, or his own player, hard enough to injure.

I'm happy that he's been able to capitalize on turnovers. But, he and Campbell were responsible for the collapse on Monday night.

It's a different secondary with Holland and Elliot by a large margin. But, with all that said, he did well vs the cowboys, and we've won a bunch of games the past month or so he's been playing, so kudos to him and the defense being on the same page and doing what's needed.

Let's go stomp the Ravens. The Ravens have beaten a bunch of backup QBs during their win streak.

Appreciate having him on this team. It will be exciting to get Holland back and be able to play Jones in the box more.

If I had to criticize any of Jones's play it would be that he needs to take better angles when attacking pass catchers. That CeeDee Lamb TD he took a terrible angle.
Yep, that is about my only complaint as well. Unfortunately, when he does that, it makes the rest of the secondary look like the Keystone Kops

The Knockout (1914) - Kops searching on Make a GIF

When we think of the Miami Dolphins secondary, Brandon Jones' name doesn't come up much but maybe it's time that it should.

Jones hasn't been as consistent as many fans might want but his last two games have been good and he has made a big impact in the turnover department.

Two weeks ago against the Jets, Jones had his first two-interception game, in fact, his two INTs doubled his career total. Last week against Dallas, his quick thinking recovered the Dak Prescott fumble on the one-yard line.

Is Jones the recipient of good fortune and blind luck or is there something more to this system that fits his abilities more?

Jones has played in every game this year and has been forced to start due to injuries to Jevon Holland and DeShon Elliott. He has played well. Last week he logged in 9 combined tackles and against the Jets, he logged five.

With two games to go, Jones has 6 starts in 2023 which is one shy of last year but off the 13 he started in 2021. Statistically, he is consistent with his previous numbers vs. the number of games started/played.

Jones isn't going to win any mid-week awards but his play the last two weeks can't be summarily dismissed either. He has stepped up and his ability to be in the right place at the right time has been fortuitous. Miami will eventually get Holland back and Jones' reps will decrease when that happens but for now, he has done a pretty good job to hold down the deep secondary.

View attachment 157697
Brother I think he was slow to come back in the beginning of the year due to he was still recovering from last years injuries. I always liked him as a player. :ffic:

Back
Top Bottom