Brandon Llyod traded to Rams (B.Marshall Value?) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Llyod traded to Rams (B.Marshall Value?)

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/48722/thoughts-on-rams-trade-for-brandon-lloyd

"Lloyd, acquired by trade for a 2012 sixth-round pick that can upgrade to a fifth-rounder, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen" (If Lloyd catches 30 passes for the rest of the season)

What could this possibly mean for Marshall?

So essentially a 5th round pick for a WR who made the Pro Bowl last year and "caught 77 passes for 1,448 yards and 11 touchdowns last season."

Yes Marshall is a lot younger with more upside (and downfalls), but Marshalls numbers in his 1 and 1/4 tenure with the Phins are eclipsed in total by Llyod's season alone last year 11TD to 4TD

So using Llyod as some what of a template (5th round pick basically), what could the Phins realistically get for Marshall?

Lloyd is 30 years old though. I would think we could at least get a 3rd rounder but we gave up two 2nd rounders to get him so I don't think it makes any sense at this point to trade him.

Marshall is also locked into a contract where as Lloyd is a free agent after this year. Lloyd is just a rental player unless St. Louis can agree to a new deal. Also, there is no reason to trade Marshall and create another hole on the team.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/48722/thoughts-on-rams-trade-for-brandon-lloyd

"Lloyd, acquired by trade for a 2012 sixth-round pick that can upgrade to a fifth-rounder, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen" (If Lloyd catches 30 passes for the rest of the season)

What could this possibly mean for Marshall?

So essentially a 5th round pick for a WR who made the Pro Bowl last year and "caught 77 passes for 1,448 yards and 11 touchdowns last season."

Yes Marshall is a lot younger with more upside (and downfalls), but Marshalls numbers in his 1 and 1/4 tenure with the Phins are eclipsed in total by Llyod's season alone last year 11TD to 4TD

So using Llyod as some what of a template (5th round pick basically), what could the Phins realistically get for Marshall?

What else has Lloyd done in his career
trust me look at his stats a bit more closely

Marshall's value is in Miami. Even if Miami's football people explored a Marshall trade, I bet Ross would veto it, as he should.

What else has Lloyd done in his career
trust me look at his stats a bit more closely

i agree, however its sadly a "what have you done for me lately" world, and sadly again Lloyd did more for Denver lately than Marshall has for Miami

We wouldn't get anywhere near what we gave up for Marshall, so they won't move him. Team still needs a #1 WR regardless.

Back
Top Bottom