Brandon Marshall on Revis Island | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall on Revis Island

There's no doubt those 2 are better, I think Marshall is in that next group behind those 2. Defintely one of the best in the game but right now revis is THE best Corner in the game.

Again, I think both guys will get their shots in but I'm more worried about guys like bess and Hartline now that they have a guy opposite them to take attention away from them. I think those guys can be really good WRs opposite Marshall.
So again I ask.........Who is better than Marshall? And by the way I dont think Revis is better than N. Asomugha. I think there even. But Revis is NOT better than him!!!! IMO

So again I ask.........Who is better than Marshall? And by the way I dont think Revis is better than N. Asomugha. I think there even. But Revis is NOT better than him!!!! IMO

I told you Fitz and Andre Johnson are better and that marshall is in that next group after those guys.

Revis was clearly better last year, I'm not sure I have ever seen a corner have a better season. Show me the corner that faced the caliber of talent that revis faced and shut them all down in one season?

regardless whether you think he's better than Asomugha he's right there w/ him as a top 2 corner, he's a better corner than Marshall is a WR. That's not a knock on Marshall, Marshall is a big time WR.

I told you Fitz and Andre Johnson are better and that marshall is in that next group after those guys.

Revis was clearly better last year, I'm not sure I have ever seen a corner have a better season. Show me the corner that faced the caliber of talent that revis faced and shut them all down in one season?

regardless whether you think he's better than Asomugha he's right there w/ him as a top 2 corner, he's a better corner than Marshall is a WR. That's not a knock on Marshall, Marshall is a big time WR.
I can see where your coming from, and please dont think I'm bashing you or anything. You are an intelligent poster on this site and I enjoy our little battles. lol.
Anyways...... Asomugha plays in the AFC West where nobody throws his way. I read and article a few days ago (I'll try to find it and post it) where it said that he only had 26 passes thrown his way all year. He is more proven than Revis is and that is why. Teams already know how good he is, so they steer clear of him. Revis was not as proven so teams did not know better than to throw his way. Teams will definately think twice this year. I think Revis is the 2nd best CB, whereas I think Marsh is the 3rd best CB, which is going to make for a wicked machup this sseason. I dont expect B. Marsh to put up big numbers on Revis simply because we are going to use him to free up the seam and throw to Hartline, Fasano, and Bess over the middle because of the fact the Jets are going to have Marsh doubled up with over the top safety help, thus freeing up the middle of the field.

I can see where your coming from, and please dont think I'm bashing you or anything. You are an intelligent poster on this site and I enjoy our little battles. lol.
Anyways...... Asomugha plays in the AFC West where nobody throws his way. I read and article a few days ago (I'll try to find it and post it) where it said that he only had 26 passes thrown his way all year. He is more proven than Revis is and that is why. Teams already know how good he is, so they steer clear of him. Revis was not as proven so teams did not know better than to throw his way. Teams will definately think twice this year. I think Revis is the 2nd best CB, whereas I think Marsh is the 3rd best CB, which is going to make for a wicked machup this sseason. I dont expect B. Marsh to put up big numbers on Revis simply because we are going to use him to free up the seam and throw to Hartline, Fasano, and Bess over the middle because of the fact the Jets are going to have Marsh doubled up with over the top safety help, thus freeing up the middle of the field.

He had less passes go his way yet the WRs he was covering were more productive than the ones Revis was covering PLUS oak was down in most games and opponents were running the ball more to sit on leads. The caliber of WRs Revis shut down this year was amazing, there's no doubt he was the best corner in 2009. Maybe Asomugah reclaims his throne in '10 but last year revis was the best.

I have said over and over I am not worried as much about marshall as I am the other receivers as the jets will have to pay more attention to Marshall opening things up for others.

He had less passes go his way yet the WRs he was covering were more productive than the ones Revis was covering PLUS oak was down in most games and opponents were running the ball more to sit on leads. The caliber of WRs Revis shut down this year was amazing, there's no doubt he was the best corner in 2009. Maybe Asomugah reclaims his throne in '10 but last year revis was the best.

I have said over and over I am not worried as much about marshall as I am the other receivers as the jets will have to pay more attention to Marshall opening things up for others.
Well...... I pretty much agree with all that.

This conversation sounds like kindercare..."my daddy can beat up your daddy"

Its a football forum, do you really expect anything else or would you rather talk about Dez Bryant and Ireland somemore :)

Nyjunc, I completely agree with you about Andre Johnson and Fitzy but I think that Marshall is IN that crop of receivers, not in the next group. The only argument I will say is that Fitzy had Warner throwing to him as well as another/former top teir WR opposite of him. This season is a whole new one for him so we really need to see if he can step up and MAKE Leinart a better QB.

Andre Johnson is just a freak and him being a product of the U makes it even sweeter, not going to argue with you on that one.

But fact of the matter is a great WR makes a bad QB look like a pro-bowler which is exactly what B-Marsh does so I think that you would have to include him with Andre and Fitzy, not after.

With all that being said, this season can't get here fast enough

It should be a great match up, but like junc said before it's what the other WRs do that will determine if we win these match ups or not. Because at the end of the day if the Dolphins win both games against the jets this upcoming season and Marshall only has 4-5 receptions for a few yards will that really matter? Will the jets fan come on here chirping that Reeves shut down Marshall?

This is exaclty where Henne will be the X-factor. Can he squeeze it into a small pocket, will he be able to recognize that his #1 receiver is being blanketed and look to his check down WR or will he make the stupid mistake of not and start throwing int's instead of incompletes?

When he took over, the pressure was still on him. He came in not knowing that he was going to be the starter. 0-3 is hardly a record where you can say the season is over. His goal the whole time was making it to the playoffs, not just making it through his starts.

as good a WR as Marshall is revis is a better corner. The 2 will battle, there will be plays made by both but overall the edge goes to revis.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::confused::confused::confused::lol2::lol2::lol2:

Im not just saying this as a fin fan but I think Brandon Marshall is gonna take over the island... He will get in Revis!!! Brandon Marshall is a BEAST!!! He cant be stopped in are offense. You think he did good in denver just wait till the season starts... IM PUMPED!!!

I hope marshall and revis runs head up and I bet Marshall comes out on top!!!

I think whats important more than anything on this topic is that regardless "Revis Island" is occupied because of Marshall. This leaves Bess, Hartline, Fasano and the RB's out of the backfield more open than they would normally be. We can all agree that every receiver on the team is better now because of Marshall ...let them step up while he occupies Revis.

I think whats important more than anything on this topic is that regardless "Revis Island" is occupied because of Marshall. This leaves Bess, Hartline, Fasano and the RB's out of the backfield more open than they would normally be. We can all agree that every receiver on the team is better now because of Marshall ...let them step up while he occupies Revis.

that makes no sense. it does't leave the other wr's, te, and rb more open then they normally would be. Revis will be on man coverage, and the jets defense wont have to worry about Marshall, because Darrelle Revis plays for the Jets.

Top 3 WR vs Top 3 Shutdown Corner. At least 2X/seaon. Both will "win some and lose some." Should be interesting.

14kgy2t-1.jpg

that makes no sense. it does't leave the other wr's, te, and rb more open then they normally would be. Revis will be on man coverage, and the jets defense wont have to worry about Marshall, because Darrelle Revis plays for the Jets.

The Jets don't have to worry about Marshall? So the Jets don't have to account for a receiver who had 10 TD's and over 1k yards last year? So by occupying the best defender on the field it doesn't open opportunities for others? Allowing them to exploit mismatches easier? With Marshall taking Revis out of the equation on a lot of the passing plays it's going to be Bess over the middle without Revis help....Bess vs Cromartie or vs their Rookie CB. In a 3 receiver set it'll be Hartline vs a linebacker who drops into coverage. Or Brown on swing/screen pass with Revis 20 yards down field covering Marshall.You dont like that mismatch? You're telling me it doesn't help? You clearly have no clue what you're talking about. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom