Brandon Marshall on Sparono | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall on Sparono

Bad organizations throw away coaches and QB's every three years. Cowher had some down years but Pitt was smart enough to let him continue to learn, grow, and build. If you can't give them enough time you're guaranteed to be rebuilding forever. Patience fellow Dolphins fans, let's see what Daboll, Bush, Pouncey, Odrick, Gates, etc. can do for us this year. Imagine how good our defense and ST could be if our offense could inspire them!!!!

RW

Here we go again with this STUPID argument. I mean do people really just say stuff sometimes? Im going to post this ONE MORE TIME. OK. Try and get it through your heads. After reading it, anyone who tries to compare Sparano to Cowher or even pretend that Cowher was ever in a position to be fired, should be ****ing banned. Period. You cant accomplish what this dude did and then get fired over a couple of mediocre seasons in a row. Its a huge difference from just coming out and being mediocre from the onset and staying that way OK.

Under Cowher, the Steelers showed an immediate improvement from the disappointing 7-9 season the year before, going 11-5 and earning home field advantage in the AFC after the Steelers had missed the playoffs six times out of the previous seven years. In 1995, at age 38, he became the youngest coach to lead his team to a Super Bowl. Cowher is only the second coach in NFL history to lead his team to the playoffs in each of his first six seasons as head coach, joining Pro Football Hall of Fame member Paul Brown.

When Sparano or any other coach you can ****ing name goes to the playoffs this season, then follows it with 5 more consecutive years of playoff births, mixing in a SB appearance, then the dude can go 7-9 three straight ****ing times if he wants to and I, and I doubt anyone else, will be calling for him to get fired. I ****ing promise.

Thanks.

Here we go again with this STUPID argument. I mean do people really just say stuff sometimes? Im going to post this ONE MORE TIME. OK. Try and get it through your heads. After reading it, anyone who tries to compare Sparano to Cowher or even pretend that Cowher was ever in a position to be fired, should be ****ing banned. Period. You cant accomplish what this dude did and then get fired over a couple of mediocre seasons in a row. Its a huge difference from just coming out and being mediocre from the onset and staying that way OK.

When Sparano or any other coach you can ****ing name goes to the playoffs this season, then follows it with 5 more consecutive years of playoff births, mixing in a SB appearance, then the dude can go 7-9 three straight ****ing times if he wants to and I, and I doubt anyone else, will be calling for him to get fired. I ****ing promise.

Thanks.

Sparano has been very Nick Sabanesque here yet people want to compare him to Cowher, hell u couldnt compare him to wanny at this point

the tampa head coach calls the defensive plays :p

Thanks.

your right Tony took over a 1-15 team with two talented teams in his divisiom. One who has a three time super owl champion QB. Who was in Cowher's division back in the 90's? Let's see Bengals, Browns, oilers and then the Jags. If you gave Tony 8 games vs those teams plus only having to beat them to get into the playoffs that would be easy. So yes I will believe that we should give him time with the team. Cowher has had records of 6-10 in the past once other actual legitimate teams, Ravens, started playing in his division. Don't be so quick to put him on a pedestal. He did nice things in Pitt but only won once in 15 years.

Sparano has been very Nick Sabanesque here yet people want to compare him to Cowher, hell u couldnt compare him to wanny at this point

I don't really think Sparano is much to blame here at this point, I definately think this O-Line should be in better position, but with this FO signing Injury Prone corn-fed lineman it really isn't helping him. The two people who should really be blamed for the past couple of seasons was Dan Henning and David Lee, they ran an Offense for Henne to tell him not to make mistakes and that he'd be benched if he did, wasn't really the best plan.

You could say that Pennington or Jake Delhomme when Henning coached in Carolina it didn't effect them much but those 2 QBs are really meant for that kind of role and offense, they both had good accuracy bad arms and were veterans. I'm looking forward to seeing what Henne could do but I am not going to get too optimistic about it, I mean Henne could throw for 20 ints again or for 10 ints we won't know until the season starts. But I'm not ready to Blame Sparano until I see how the season unfolds.

I wouldn't even put Sparanos name near the POS Nick Saban who betrayed this team and L.S.U. He is a damn fine college coach though, but I'm going to have to go with Jim Mandich here and say if I ever met Saban I might be tempted to punch him or atleast ***** him out.

I don't really think Sparano is much to blame here at this point, I definately think this O-Line should be in better position, but with this FO signing Injury Prone corn-fed lineman it really isn't helping him. The two people who should really be blamed for the past couple of seasons was Dan Henning and David Lee, they ran an Offense for Henne to tell him not to make mistakes and that he'd be benched if he did, wasn't really the best plan.

You could say that Pennington or Jake Delhomme when Henning coached in Carolina it didn't effect them much but those 2 QBs are really meant for that kind of role and offense, they both had good accuracy bad arms and were veterans. I'm looking forward to seeing what Henne could do but I am not going to get too optimistic about it, I mean Henne could throw for 20 ints again or for 10 ints we won't know until the season starts. But I'm not ready to Blame Sparano until I see how the season unfolds.

I wouldn't even put Sparanos name near the POS Nick Saban who betrayed this team and L.S.U. He is a damn fine college coach though, but I'm going to have to go with Jim Mandich here and say if I ever met Saban I might be tempted to punch him or atleast ***** him out.

well in reality we dont know what really happened here with saban and u cant really judge Sparano against him because its not like any team has been knocking down Sparano's door to hire him away.
If we are .500 or less this coach needs to go period. I also love how u make the head coach blame free even though he played a big part in keeping those two guys u mention. Also im pretty sure sparano has alot to do with signing cowboy rejects

well in reality we dont know what really happened here with saban and u cant really judge Sparano against him because its not like any team has been knocking down Sparano's door to hire him away.
If we are .500 or less this coach needs to go period. I also love how u make the head coach blame free even though he played a big part in keeping those two guys u mention. Also im pretty sure sparano has alot to do with signing cowboy rejects

No we don't know EXACTLY what happened with Saban here but the same exact thing happening from L.S.U. to here? I don't like the guy but I do respect him as a great college coach, and I don't think Sparano should be compared to him yet. And I agree if we are .500 or less he should be fired, I'm not trying to come in here and just plain defend Sparano but I don't think he deserves as much blame as you guys are throwing down on him.

Your right, he did have part in getting some of the Cowboys lineman and them turning out to not be anything, but the other Lineman Sparano has been handed to him haven't been very good: Jake Grove, a lazy overweight Vernon Carey(hopefully he can turn it around), John Jerry, Murtha, Incognito.

We are lucky to get the best LT in the NFL and hopefully a great Center. I was hoping Sparano could help this team get over 7-9 last year and the whole offensive line being injured which didn't help the running game and an inexperienced Chad Henne didn't help him, but I was dissapointed in the season and there is definately blame on Sparano for the last season.

Bad organizations throw away coaches and QB's every three years. Cowher had some down years but Pitt was smart enough to let him continue to learn, grow, and build. If you can't give them enough time you're guaranteed to be rebuilding forever. Patience fellow Dolphins fans, let's see what Daboll, Bush, Pouncey, Odrick, Gates, etc. can do for us this year. Imagine how good our defense and ST could be if our offense could inspire them!!!!

RW

Amen, which team was it that kept Dave Wanny for so long?

The must be giving Marshall some good happy pills. Lets see what happens when it all starts going down hill.

No we don't know EXACTLY what happened with Saban here but the same exact thing happening from L.S.U. to here? I don't like the guy but I do respect him as a great college coach, and I don't think Sparano should be compared to him yet. And I agree if we are .500 or less he should be fired, I'm not trying to come in here and just plain defend Sparano but I don't think he deserves as much blame as you guys are throwing down on him.

Your right, he did have part in getting some of the Cowboys lineman and them turning out to not be anything, but the other Lineman Sparano has been handed to him haven't been very good: Jake Grove, a lazy overweight Vernon Carey(hopefully he can turn it around), John Jerry, Murtha, Incognito.

We are lucky to get the best LT in the NFL and hopefully a great Center. I was hoping Sparano could help this team get over 7-9 last year and the whole offensive line being injured which didn't help the running game and an inexperienced Chad Henne didn't help him, but I was dissapointed in the season and there is definately blame on Sparano for the last season.

4 years into his regime and we are playing 4 people at new positions not a good sign. And im talking from last year. Its great to have one of the best two LT's in the league Im sure there are people who think Joe thomas is but continually valuing linemen over the most important position on the field shows a slight lack of understanding from this regime. LT is not equal to QB in terms of importance on any team.

your right Tony took over a 1-15 team with two talented teams in his divisiom. One who has a three time super owl champion QB. Who was in Cowher's division back in the 90's? Let's see Bengals, Browns, oilers and then the Jags. If you gave Tony 8 games vs those teams plus only having to beat them to get into the playoffs that would be easy. So yes I will believe that we should give him time with the team. Cowher has had records of 6-10 in the past once other actual legitimate teams, Ravens, started playing in his division. Don't be so quick to put him on a pedestal. He did nice things in Pitt but only won once in 15 years.

That champion qb went down with an injury, and the other talented team, fired their coach, and got rid of their qb after that season.

Oh and by the way, that champion qb has won the division twice since returning, and the other team has gone to 2 afc championship games in a row. While we have put up 2 stinker seasons, losing the last 3 games to end each.

**** character, He catches footballs, that's his job and he's a good teammate, what more do you want?

Lol ... the last time I heard a grown man refer to another grown man as giving him chills, was when Chris Mathews said that about then candidate Obama. Not a good omen if you ask me.

i just dont get why sporano wears sunglasses 24/7.

WHATS HE HIDING!?

Back
Top Bottom