Brandon Marshall-WR-UCF...Possible late draft pick???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall-WR-UCF...Possible late draft pick????

orlandodolphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
[mod] Draft threads belong in the draft forum. [/mod]

Im sure most dont know who this guy even is, but I'm from UCF and I'm telling you, this guy is special. Im praying we get this guy late in the draft.

In HS Marshall played QB and DB, scored 4 TDs defesively his senior year. All state, also triple jump state champ

Get this in college he came in as a WR, played 3 games, then do to injury was forced to play Safety. In 7 games he had 51 tackels and led UCF in tackles.

Senior year at WR-Now you must understand UCF is a running team. Not only that but, Brandon Marshall is often doubled or tripled throughout the game. Game stats for senior year over 100 yards include...

10-102 v South Carolina
5-107 2 TDs
4-133-2 TDs
10-110
7-120 1 TD
7-109

then in his bowl game he put up 11 catches for 210 yards and 3 TDs.

most reporters say he should have been the MVP, catching the winning TD in the Senior Bowl, although he got beat out by some LB.

Anyway, im telling you, the kid is special, he's 6'4, not extremely fast but finds holes and has great hands. Very tough to tackle, his YAC is outstanding.

:lol: I have been standing by this guy since I came to UCF just like you bro. I am still here and sad to see him go but like you, hoping he comes to Miami too. Hopefully we can get him in the later rounds but it will be tough.

A lot of people know about him now. In fact, enough people know about him that he probably won't be a late draft pick, and could wind up going day 1.

A bunch of people know of him cause of the few UCF people calling to draft him like me. Also he came on the radar during the senior bowl and the combine with the wide praise every coach and scout gave him saying he turns out of his routes faster then pretty much anyone they ever saw.

yea i just wanted to see if anyone knew who i was talking about. Have you seen him play. If so, don't you love how he both jukes and runs over DB after he catches the ball. Ive rarely seen the guy catch the ball and get tackled by the first guy.

Do you guys think he would be a wise 4th round pick perhaps.

I havn't heard anything about his draft stock, and when i check things like top WRs in the draft, I never see him there. I didn't think he'd have any chance of going 1st day.

i hear you, being in florida ive heard about him many times and have seen him play a couple times. he's 6' 4 3/8. runs a 4.73
and is a player, everything ive heard though has him POSSIBLY going in LATER rounds if that. he's in the bargain bin and ranked in the mid 50's of the WR class. i wish there was more noise on him. cause it seems like he may get over looked.

wow baby TO, thats a great compliment, he does kinda remind me of that style, TO doesn't burn you, but its like that saying...Id rather a guy run a 4.6 in the right direction than a guy who runs a 4.3 the wrong way. Something like that.

Miami has like 20 7th round picks right??:wink:

If he fell to a 7th It would be crazy not to use one on him. That is of course if he's overlooked like you say.

It would just be really sweet to see two former UCF guys, pepper and marshall playing on my fins.

I've heard a lot about him as well. He sounds like he has the size and potential to be really good. Does anyone know how long he'll last in the draft? Is he a 5th-6th rounder?

:wave:

I think its funny. 1 person said he has a good chance going 1st day, another said no later than 4th, and someone else said he might be overlooked and maybe not even drafted. Im soooo confused.:confused: I can't wait to the draft.:dolphins: :D

Sounds like a winner, hope Saban & co. are watching out for this guy. Hope he lasts into the 7th but doesn't sound like he will.

In Saban We Trust!

Back
Top Bottom