Brandon Marshall | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall

akamale

Follow: @Ali_Dolfan
Reaction score
Im not trying to open a healing wound here just wondering. What was the real reason we let him go? I've heard many things; Character issues, money, philbin wants nice guys etc.. Clearly hes still effective and the guy can play. Just want some clarification.

-Thanks

Locker room cancer, off the field issues, and frankly I think Joe Philbin just didn't like him. No one is denying he still has ability and he would have greatly improved our offense, but do we want young guys learning from a guy like him? Same for Vontae. Do we want our corners learning how to use their hips in coverage, or learning how to get off the field when they're tired? If Philbin preferred production over personal issues, we would have kept Ochocinco as well. He was clearly head and shoulders above everyone else in the receiving corps in TC, but he's just not the kind of guy Philbin wants on the team, and frankly he's the coach. I don't care how good you are, it's Philbin's team and he should be allowed to have his own vision for our future come to life his way.

I'm not ashamed to say I miss Brandon.

Hope he does well in Chicago.

So, we can expect a Brandon Marshall thread after every Bears game? Sweet.

Locker room cancer, off the field issues, and frankly I think Joe Philbin just didn't like him. No one is denying he still has ability and he would have greatly improved our offense, but do we want young guys learning from a guy like him? Same for Vontae. Do we want our corners learning how to use their hips in coverage, or learning how to get off the field when they're tired? If Philbin preferred production over personal issues, we would have kept Ochocinco as well. He was clearly head and shoulders above everyone else in the receiving corps in TC, but he's just not the kind of guy Philbin wants on the team, and frankly he's the coach. I don't care how good you are, it's Philbin's team and he should be allowed to have his own vision for our future come to life his way.

I understand the off the field issues being the main reason they traded him away, but I disagree about him being a locker room cancer. He and Vontae had problems, but other than that everyone liked him. He and Hartline were very good friends.

But I think it's just time to move on from this, get a receiver this offseason and let the Bears enjoy Marshall while he's happy.

I understand the off the field issues being the main reason they traded him away, but I disagree about him being a locker room cancer. He and Vontae had problems, but other than that everyone liked him. He and Hartline were very good friends.

But I think it's just time to move on from this, get a receiver this offseason and let the Bears enjoy Marshall while he's happy.

He was not liked in the locker room. I can tell you this for a fact, and I'll get called out for it, but I actually talked to a player who no longer plays with the Dolphins. That's the only clue or statement I'll make as to his identity. Well that and he plays a lot of poker at the Hard Rock. I'm sure a couple of guys in this forum know who it is :)

He will burn the Bears before it is over.

This is the one move i absolutely still dont agree with. that being said, whatever whats done is done. now we just need to get a serious threat for RT in the offseason and not more #3,4,5 recievers

He was not liked in the locker room. I can tell you this for a fact, and I'll get called out for it, but I actually talked to a player who no longer plays with the Dolphins. That's the only clue or statement I'll make as to his identity. Well that and he plays a lot of poker at the Hard Rock. I'm sure a couple of guys in this forum know who it is :)

Dan Carpenter?

Marshall just doesn't get along with many people. He hated Henne,Moore, and Orton. He couldn't stand Josh McDaniels. Guys like Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey hated him out in Denver. The only QB he's liked during his time in the NFL has been Cutler.

Marshall just doesn't get along with many people. He hated Henne,Moore, and Orton. He couldn't stand Josh McDaniels. Guys like Brian Dawkins and Champ Bailey hated him out in Denver. The only QB he's liked during his time in the NFL has been Cutler.

That's good because Marshall and Cutler can go ass pound each other now if they want.

To take on a guy like Marshall, you need to have an established positive culture in place, and even then, it's a huge risk. Anyone who thinks this team would be better off with him than without him doesn't understand the importance of team chemistry. Also, do you really want your rookie QB dealing with a guy who throws tempers when things don't go his way. A guy who drops passes and is an unreliable route runner. Unless Marshall does a complete 180, he'll never be part of a team who wins on a consistent basis - year after year.

Back
Top Bottom