Brandt: "I think if Ryan Tannehill were in this draft, he'd be the top pick." Agree? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandt: "I think if Ryan Tannehill were in this draft, he'd be the top pick." Agree?

Outside of possible injury no qb in draft has more potential than RG3 but he is taking a beating and may never totally reach it. It not hypothtical only on finheaven is a qb with a 77 rating better than a qb with a 100 rating as a rookie

So I don't want to touch the RG3 vs Tannehill argument - just asking you this unrelated question:

Did you like what you saw from Tannehill last season? As someone who has watched football nonstop since I was 7 years old, Tannehill passed the eye test for me. I don't need to listen to ESPN analysts or what most people here or anywhere have to say (like most on this forum who actually thought Yeremiah Bell was a good safety), I can actually decide for myself, and I decided he has the potential to be a very good quarterback based on what we saw last season. Did you see something different? Truly curious to hear.

So I don't want to touch the RG3 vs Tannehill argument - just asking you this unrelated question:

Did you like what you saw from Tannehill last season? As someone who has watched football nonstop since I was 7 years old, Tannehill passed the eye test for me. I don't need to listen to ESPN analysts or what most people here or anywhere have to say (like most on this forum who actually thought Yeremiah Bell was a good safety), I can actually decide for myself, and I decided he has the potential to be a very good quarterback based on what we saw last season. Did you see something different? Truly curious to hear.

I like Tannehill alot and wanted us to draft him. I gave my arguement for drafting him. Kid has alot of potential. People need to be patient, remember when we played Houston and everyone freaked out and I was one of the few that defended him. I think we are fine at qb, I just dont see why people need to take away credit from other players to make us feel good about our own.

Assuming that Tannehill played another season at A&M, it is possible that he could have been drafted lower as well. His stats and winning would have been mediocre.
This years draft phenom, Geno Jones(or whatever his name is) looks like another Jamarcus Russel. Very over rated IMHO.
If I were a GM looking for a QB this year, I would base my decision over the strength of competition, winning and stats over the last 3 years. I would probably go with Barkley.

He would not have been sumerlin's incumbant. he would have to prove himself all over again and its a totally different offense. Im pretty sure Sumerlin was not going to go in and leave everyhting intact from a mediocre team that Sherman never could get over hump

If its a totally different offense which I don't agree with in the first place it is because they played to manziels strengths. Tanny has similar skills but in a much more nfl prototype size.

Outside of possible injury no qb in draft has more potential than RG3 but he is taking a beating and may never totally reach it. It not hypothtical only on finheaven is a qb with a 77 rating better than a qb with a 100 rating as a rookie

We will see in 5 years when rg3 is out of the league. His entire game plays to contact. It will never last. The injuries will continue and once those legs slow down its going belly up

This isn't me putting down someone else's qb this is calling it exactly what it is. Skins fans better enjoy it while they can. It won't be long

We will see in 5 years when rg3 is out of the league. His entire game plays to contact. It will never last. The injuries will continue and once those legs slow down its going belly up

This isn't me putting down someone else's qb this is calling it exactly what it is. Skins fans better enjoy it while they can. It won't be long

RGIII has a great NFL quality passing arm. I truly believe that he would be better behind center. He needs to learn to slide and take the sack. If he can make it back 100% from all his injuries suffered in 2012, I think he will be wiser and better down the road. Shanahan would run him into the ground (and he did). RGIII needs to be very careful with his body and take a seat when he is unable to go.

RGIII has a great NFL quality passing arm. I truly believe that he would be better behind center. He needs to learn to slide and take the sack. If he can make it back 100% from all his injuries suffered in 2012, I think he will be wiser and better down the road. Shanahan would run him into the ground (and he did). RGIII needs to be very careful with his body and take a seat when he is unable to go.

Aside from taking away the mobility that makes him special, unless Shanahan constructs a moat around his pocket, it may be too late as he well could be one or two more concussions or ACL injuries away from Triage. The damage could well be done.

wont disagree that may happen but that still has nothing to do with RG# definately having a better season as a rookie

If its a totally different offense which I don't agree with in the first place it is because they played to manziels strengths. Tanny has similar skills but in a much more nfl prototype size.

Sumerlin's offense has always been different and more effective than Sherman's. What people forget is in college it has nothing to do with nfl prototypes its about what works and wins and obviously what they did with Manziel was better than anything Sherman ever did with Tannehill.

No matter how you look at it you certainly can't say for sure Tannehill goes first this year but the question speaks volumes about the class of 2012 vs 2013. What was considered the 3rd best in 2012 is better than the best in 2013. You never know maybe some of these guys this year will turn out to be HOFers and the rookies from last season could fall apart but you gotta like this class of 2012 so far! Just not a lot of hope for the QBs coming out this year. Bad year to need a QB :(

wont disagree that may happen but that still has nothing to do with RG# definately having a better season as a rookie

both fully healthy

would you bet rg3 has a better soph season

he needs to know how to read nfl defenses if he's to play a high end nfl pocket qb...the o the skins runs fits his skill set to a t but it will also be his undoing in the pros...EVERYTHING is predicated on his legs...EVERYTHING...from the passing game to the inside running game on the read option...it's all about the threat of his legs...and they are wearing fast already

Back
Top Bottom