Brandt's 60-second previews: AFC | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandt's 60-second previews: AFC

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins
It's been a busy offseason for Miami. The Dolphins have had two offensive coordinators because Joel Collier, promoted to the position after Norv Turner left to be head coach of the Raiders, had his duties scaled down citing health concerns. That made Chris Foerster, who was hired to be the team's tight ends coach, the new offensive coordinator. The team also acquired quarterback A.J. Feeley from Philadelphia and receiver David Boston from San Diego to boost a slumping pass offense. If Feeley plays like he did in 2002 and Boston racks up the receptions like he did in 2003, the Dolphins could be scoring a lot more than the 19.4 points per game they had last year. The key might be their offensive line, which has been reshuffled thanks to three free agents signing and the top draft pick being spent on lineman Vernon Carey. Defensively, the 'Fins need Adewale Ogunleye back in camp so he can contribute. If that's done, and if Jason Taylor can produce along the line, the defense should be tough to beat. The schedule finally favors the Dolphins as they have road games in Buffalo and New England in October, not December. However, they do face back-to-back road games at Seattle and at San Francisco, and the games sandwich Thanksgiving, which means either a lot of flying or a week displaced out West away from their families.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7480395

AFC Training Camp Guide

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12236991&BRD=1710&PAG=740&dept_id=353124&rfi=6

Miami Dolphins (2003 Record: 10-6) Camp Site: Dolphins Training Center (Davie, FL) Opening: July 29 (Rookies), July 30 (Veterans) Outlook: The Dolphins are at a pivotal point in Dave Wannstedt's coaching career. The offseason was highlighted by change, but it remains to be seen if the change was for the better. Wannstedt must settle his quarterback situation before addressing problems on the defense and offensive line. Jay Fiedler or A.J. Feeley? Stay tuned

XXXXXXX

Has this dude ever heard of paragraphs?

As for the thanksgiving thing, its going to be the latter option. I believe Wannstedt has already called the 49ers and received permission to all stay out on the West Coast and use the 49ers practice and training facilities.

But in the event you're busier than Jon Gruden and don't have time to read, just know that the AFC appears to be more competitive and wide open than ever before. The AFC East is a crapshoot, the AFC North could go any which way, the AFC West will run up scoreboards as usual, and don't even get me started on what should be a very competitive AFC South. ......thts a quote from his article.

Whats he mean by the AFC East is a crapshoot?

He means that he thinks any team could take the division. It's impossible to make a really good prediction.

If Feeley plays like he did in 2002 and Boston racks up the receptions like he did in 2003, the Dolphins could be scoring a lot more than the 19.4 points per game they had last year.
You can infer from this quote that he thinks Feeley played well in 2002 but, the most interesting thing to me is, that he says Boston only has to be as good as he was in 2003 for us to score a lot more points. I think Boston will top his 2003 production, maybe not in receptions but, yardage and TDs probably.

inFINSible said:
You can infer from this quote that he thinks Feeley played well in 2002 but, the most interesting thing to me is, that he says Boston only has to be as good as he was in 2003 for us to score a lot more points. I think Boston will top his 2003 production, maybe not in receptions but, yardage and TDs probably.
Yea people are always saying Boston needs to improve after his down year last year but he had 880 yards and 7 TDs which is much better than what Thompson did last year.

Actually I believe the Fins requested to have the WC games back to back and the intent is to stay over there for the 3 week period.Not a bad idea.

Remember the WC "Jinx" where we had a difficult time winning over there .We have overcome that only to be replaced by the "Snow games" jinx.

ckparrothead said:
As for the thanksgiving thing, its going to be the latter option. I believe Wannstedt has already called the 49ers and received permission to all stay out on the West Coast and use the 49ers practice and training facilities.

The Dolphins actually asked the NFL to have the West Coast games on back to back weeks and the Dolphins will practice on the West Coast during that week.

Well about the west coast games I think it will be hard to beat Seattle at home although I think we can and I hope they don't over look SF. SF has lost a lot of players and are clearly in a rebuilding stage but on any given Sunday a team can play like Superbowl Champions.I do favor the West Coast games over the cold ones though. I think we done well in December last year and was looking forward to getting that monkey off our backs but I guess we will have to prolong it another year.

Back
Top Bottom