Braylon Edwards = Roy E. Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards = Roy E. Williams

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
They are the EXACT same player! Check this out...

Both are tall, long armed athletic receivers.
-Both stand 6'3 and weigh 215
-Both run between a 4.45 and 4.5 (clocked in their respective drafts)

Both excelled for a seemingly fluke season on a bad team.

They were both mediocre their first 2 seasons and then exploded in year 3.

Both caught over 80 balls in year 3 for about 1300 yards. Edwards caught a whopping 16 TDs, Williams hauled in 7.

A year later, these guys were no longer hidden talent and things went downhill for them both, especially Edwards.

Williams as we all know got traded to the Cowboys where everyone thought we be a deadly offense. Who would the defense double? Owens? Witten? Williams? .. We all know how that turned out..

Owens was better than Cotchery, Witten was better than Keller, and Williams is comparable to Edwards. Romo was also better than Sanchez and the added supposedly offensive firepower didnt do anything to bolster them. And to make matters worse, the Cowboys had a strong run game, the Jets dont.

I see the same thing happening with the Jets. Looks amazing on paper but when push comes to shove, Edwards is nothing more than Vernon Davis or Vernon Gholston. They pass the eye test but never pan out.

Dolphin fans should also feel comfortable knowing that Sean Smith will now be covering the type of guy he knows how to cover. Big, tall physical corner. I actually think Stuckey was a better matchup for the Jets as he's smaller, quicker more agile.

Good research and hope things pan out the way you predict!

Don't forget that Edwards deep threat ability opens the running lanes.

Braylon Edwards = Roy Williams = Chris Chambers = midseason trades that did not and probably will not amount to anything

you have to be able to make the play n order to have the ability
Not neccessarily. Look at Ginn. As much as I want to see him off the field, defenses can't leave him uncovered going deep.

Not neccessarily. Look at Ginn. As much as I want to see him off the field, defenses can't leave him uncovered going deep.

No, but they dont have to double team him either

so you think the phins can drop the safety and leave edwards 1on1?

They are the EXACT same player! Check this out...

Both are tall, long armed athletic receivers.
-Both stand 6'3 and weigh 215
-Both run between a 4.45 and 4.5 (clocked in their respective drafts)

Both excelled for a seemingly fluke season on a bad team.

They were both mediocre their first 2 seasons and then exploded in year 3.

Both caught over 80 balls in year 3 for about 1300 yards. Edwards caught a whopping 16 TDs, Williams hauled in 7.

A year later, these guys were no longer hidden talent and things went downhill for them both, especially Edwards.

Williams as we all know got traded to the Cowboys where everyone thought we be a deadly offense. Who would the defense double? Owens? Witten? Williams? .. We all know how that turned out..

Owens was better than Cotchery, Witten was better than Keller, and Williams is comparable to Edwards. Romo was also better than Sanchez and the added supposedly offensive firepower didnt do anything to bolster them. And to make matters worse, the Cowboys had a strong run game, the Jets dont.

I see the same thing happening with the Jets. Looks amazing on paper but when push comes to shove, Edwards is nothing more than Vernon Davis or Vernon Gholston. They pass the eye test but never pan out.

Dolphin fans should also feel comfortable knowing that Sean Smith will now be covering the type of guy he knows how to cover. Big, tall physical corner. I actually think Stuckey was a better matchup for the Jets as he's smaller, quicker more agile.

um.... They are not the same exact players, and no they aren't in the same situations. Roy Williams last year was fat and out of shape, lost a step in speed, was a possession WR. Williams also had a injury.

Edwards isn't a possession guy, hes a big body target for the endzone and a guy that can stretch the field for us. Another thing is Edwards played under a similar offense to what the Jets run, their OC worked with our OC before. Edwards says he already has about 80-85% of the term down.

You think Stuckey would be a better matchup? Teams were stacking 9 guys in the box against us, they didn't respect our WRs at all. Stuckey had trouble getting open and was getting knocked around, we needed a big target that can get downfield and create big plays.

I actually think that Edwards could be what Burress was for Eli. Edwards is a huge upgrade over Stuckey, who is more of a #3 WR. I think as teams now have to give more respect to our WR, they will play different coverages and it should open up the run game more, and also open up for our TE Keller more.

I'm sure a rookie CB is going to be able to cover Edwards who can abuse some of the best CB in the NFL, when he catches the ball. That is his problem, he needs to concentrate better because he can make a catch that other WRs can't but then drops some easier ones.

Not to mention Rex Ryan knows him pretty well, he knows what he brings to a offense and how you game plan against him. He did have to game plan against him 2 times a year. And Rex is pretty confident that he should help open things up for the offense.

Back
Top Bottom