Braylon Sanders | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Sanders

It's a crowded WR battle, but Sanders is the best deep threat after Hill and Waddle.

Why does this matter? Miami wants to force single-high as often as possible, but if Hill and Waddle produce chunk plays at a high rate, teams will shift to two-high looks. Even if Miami is eating them up on the ground or with underneath stuff, the vast majority of teams will try to prevent the big play and hope they can force a field goal or a mistake.

In this scenario, you don't want to waste Hill and Waddle on deep stuff very often. You want them running routes where they have a real shot to catch and run vs two-high.

A legitimate third deep threat either takes advantage of the Safeties sucking up on Hill and Waddle on mid and underneath stuff, or it keeps those Safeties honest, giving Hill and Waddle more room in those areas.

Sanders is nowhere near as fast as Hill and Waddle, but his burst is real. The same burst that lets him make those nasty catches also allows him to consistently stack CB's.

He was one of 4 UDFA's I gave a real shot to make this stacked roster.

It's a crowded WR battle, but Sanders is the best deep threat after Hill and Waddle.

Why does this matter? Miami wants to force single-high as often as possible, but if Hill and Waddle produce chunk plays at a high rate, teams will shift to two-high looks. Even if Miami is eating them up on the ground or with underneath stuff, the vast majority of teams will try to prevent the big play and hope they can force a field goal or a mistake.

In this scenario, you don't want to waste Hill and Waddle on deep stuff very often. You want them running routes where they have a real shot to catch and run vs two-high.

A legitimate third deep threat either takes advantage of the Safeties sucking up on Hill and Waddle on mid and underneath stuff, or it keeps those Safeties honest, giving Hill and Waddle more room in those areas.

Sanders is nowhere near as fast as Hill and Waddle, but his burst is real. The same burst that lets him make those nasty catches also allows him to consistently stack CB's.

He was one of 4 UDFA's I gave a real shot to make this stacked roster.
Who were your other 3? My list had McKinley and White, and at this moment I would have to also include Andries, if there is any legitimacy to his ability to play all 5 OL positions.

With Tyreek, Waddle, Ced Wilson, and Eze being sure things. That only leaves one or two spots for Preston Wilson, Mohamed Sanu, Lynn Bowden Jr, River Cracraft, Trent Sherfield, and Braylon Sanders. He seems bound for PS, but I hope he keeps showing out!
I think P Williams will be 1 of 6 WRs who make it due to his potential and size. I have no clue who wins the next spot - Sanu hasn’t been good in a long time, Bowden has never done anything so far and the other 3 are total unknowns to me. Will be interesting. If Sanu can still play he might be good to have as a veteran presence - just don’t know if he’s got anything left

With Tyreek, Waddle, Ced Wilson, and Eze being sure things. That only leaves one or two spots for Preston Wilson, Mohamed Sanu, Lynn Bowden Jr, River Cracraft, Trent Sherfield, and Braylon Sanders. He seems bound for PS, but I hope he keeps showing out!
IMO Sherfield has the inside track on the 5th spot.

I think P Williams will be 1 of 6 WRs who make it due to his potential and size. I have no clue who wins the next spot - Sanu hasn’t been good in a long time, Bowden has never done anything so far and the other 3 are total unknowns to me. Will be interesting. If Sanu can still play he might be good to have as a veteran presence - just don’t know if he’s got anything left
I have trouble seeing the 5th or 6th spot being used on a guy who doesn't play STs.

Who were your other 3? My list had McKinley and White, and at this moment I would have to also include Andries, if there is any legitimacy to his ability to play all 5 OL positions.

Blaise Andries
Kellen Diesch
Verone McKinley III

White has a chance. I like aspects of his game, I'm not as excited about him as these four.

It's a better roster than we're used to, so it won't be easy to win those spots, but I think this group is really good in particular areas, and I think those areas translate to what Miami wants from their respective positions. Athleticism/movement skills from both OL, sound eyes and man-ability at Safety for McKinley III, and the ability to win downfield for Sanders.

???Why would you say that? Sherfield is familiar with McD's offense and is reportedly a favorite of both McD and Welker. He's also a STs ace and has nice size and speed. He'll probably be our 4th WR until EE develops.
All similar attributes as Craft. Who has far more upside. Hell even Preston can help on specials as a returner.

All similar attributes as Craft. Who has far more upside. Hell even Preston can help on specials as a returner.
Cracraft is smaller and slower, isn't as good on STs and was behind Sherfield on the WR depth chart at SF. I'm just going to say, I disagree.

Tua was using Wilson a lot yesterday underneath, and then he also shows great control, and nice hand eye coordination on the deep TD

Nice! I’d expect with the looks that Hill and Waddle are going to command. Whoever is in the slot along with the TE are in for ALOT of looks this season. Let’s hope they can take advantage.

Nice! I’d expect with the looks that Hill and Waddle are going to command. Whoever is in the slot along with the TE are in for ALOT of looks this season. Let’s hope they can take advantage.
Yes! Waddle and Hill are going to create amazing possibilities for Ced Wilson and Gesicki... so will the misdirection of a lot of our run game play action

Back
Top Bottom