Braylon... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon...

callaway1234

Starter
Reaction score
Say we do draft Braylon tomorrow, how do you think Chris Chambers will react?? I mean, wasn't he complaining last year about lack of balls thrown his way, and how big exactly is a #2 contract??

I don't think he'll complain. He was excited when we got Boston, and when we got Booker. He also seemed to love the idea of having an offense of Him, Randy,Booker,and Boston. I doubt he'll care.

I hope your right, Chambers seems like a very nice person, and a team player at that. That would be one heck of an upgrade to an already good receiving corp.

He'll probably say something like, "Allllriiight!!!". Finally, no more double coverage.... but, Derrius Thompson might be saying, "Oh, sh1t!!!"

Chambers isn't the person to worry about. His contract dictates that he isn't going anywhere. His stats might suffer, and he might get annoyed by that, but he'll be here. Marty Booker is easy to move and already (rightfully) feels wronged and distrustful of teams due to that knife with Lovie's fingerprints on the handle buried in his back. Randy is entering his walk year. One or both of those guys or Braylon's own expectations (as driven by his contract) are the trouble we're asking for.

I think at first, Edwards would only be the third WR. Booker would still be #2. IMHO, he will have a breakout year under the new OC.

phinphan11 said:
I think at first, Edwards would only be the third WR. Booker would still be #2. IMHO, he will have a breakout year under the new OC.

That's all fine and good if Braylon understands that. We can't go designing a contract that loses substantial value because he doesn't reach 1000 yards or because he isn't a Pro Bowler in that first season, though.

Back
Top Bottom