Brazilian Star Ronaldinho Gaucho to join Man Utd. within the next 2 days | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brazilian Star Ronaldinho Gaucho to join Man Utd. within the next 2 days

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
BRAZIL World Cup star Ronaldinho is poised to join Manchester United within the next 48 hours.

Chief executive Peter Kenyon yesterday had talks with the player, his advisers and Francis Graille - president of Ronaldinho's current club, Paris St Germain.

United have been tracking the midfielder for months and believe they are now in pole position to land their No.1 summer transfer target.

An official deal has yet to be agreed, but Kenyon was sure of success. "Talks went well and we're highly confident of concluding a deal with Paris St Germain very soon," said an Old Trafford insider.

PSG initially wanted £15m for their prize asset, but United value the 23-year-old playmaker at £4m less and the cash-strapped French side are likely to accept that offer.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson interrupted a holiday in the south of France to meet up with Ronaldinho in Paris earlier in the week.

United is Ronaldinho's favoured choice for a move and his agent and brother, Roberto Assis, said: "We've been talking with Manchester and I am confident Roni could be there next season. They want Roni, and he would love to play for them."

PSG manager Vahid Halilhodzic said: "I have never wanted Ronaldinho to go, but our financial position isn't good. If there is an enormous offer we'll think about it.

"If his transfer allows us to become stronger economically in order to buy players, then I'll say yes."

4 million pounds for Ronaldinho? I bet they could get a lot more than that. They are basically giving him away.

This is the guy I wuold have rather of gotten instead of Beckham skill wise, and age wise, but with Beckham, at least will become the most popular team in the world.

Great signing for Manchester, especially for the price.

It is £11M they are getting him for I think, which would also be what the article PT said, (Valued him at £4M LESS than the £15M PSG wants) regardless that is a great move by Man U, b****rds, GO LIVERPOOL!!!!!

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
It is £11M they are getting him for I think, which would also be what the article PT said, (Valued him at £4M LESS than the £15M PSG wants) regardless that is a great move by Man U, b****rds, GO LIVERPOOL!!!!!

I actually saw the 11 million pound figure this morning as well, I guess that is the one. By the way I am a Rovers fan, we are on the rise right now and have the best keeper in the league. :cool:

I have actually no freaking clue who my club team is. Last year was my fiirst year REALLY into club soccer (before I checked just stats and stuff now I am really into it) and I jumped on the bandwagon and said Manchester United was my team. But now I feel like I may have to switch and pick one final true team. What do you guys recommend? I am thinking about either staying with Man. Utd. Going to Barcelona where two young Argies play (Saviola and Riquelme) or switch and go to the dark side with Real Madrid. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Prime Time
I have actually no freaking clue who my club team is. Last year was my fiirst year REALLY into club soccer (before I checked just stats and stuff now I am really into it) and I jumped on the bandwagon and said Manchester United was my team. But now I feel like I may have to switch and pick one final true team. What do you guys recommend? I am thinking about either staying with Man. Utd. Going to Barcelona where two young Argies play (Saviola and Riquelme) or switch and go to the dark side with Real Madrid. What do you guys think?

Two words: Blackburn Rovers!

Barca and Real Madrid are both pretty bad teams to root for. They are both terrible in my mind. I am not a die hard Rovers fan yet so I guess I could suggest a few other teams besides them (which I could never do in the NFL, the only team I could suggest are Dolphins because I am just so biased):

EPL
Chelsea
Manchester City
And if you like teams in debt that have to sell all of their players due to irresponsible spending....Leeds United!
Wolves just got promoted and they could be ok as well

Valencia (Spain)
Ajax (Holland)

COME TO REAL MADRID. IT IS YOUR DESTINY!!!

Seriously, it's a great team. Many superstars from many countries. Most winningest team in the League. 29 titles. Numerous cups. always competitive, and they have your favorite player.... Beckham.

Come on... You know you want to. ;)

Originally posted by Migs182005
COME TO REAL MADRID. IT IS YOUR DESTINY!!!

Seriously, it's a great team. Many superstars from many countries. Most winningest team in the League. 29 titles. Numerous cups. always competitive, and they have your favorite player.... Beckham.

Come on... You know you want to. ;)

Rooting for Real Madrid or Manchester United is like rooting for the Yankees. It is a very bad thing to do.

I'll admit, I'm no Yankees fan, but I love REAL MADRID!

What irony :lol:

Beckham is not my favorite player but he is up there. I may have to join the dark side.....I will make my decision earliest in 1 week latest end of summer :).

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Two words: Blackburn Rovers!

Barca and Real Madrid are both pretty bad teams to root for. They are both terrible in my mind. I am not a die hard Rovers fan yet so I guess I could suggest a few other teams besides them (which I could never do in the NFL, the only team I could suggest are Dolphins because I am just so biased):

EPL
Chelsea
Manchester City
And if you like teams in debt that have to sell all of their players due to irresponsible spending....Leeds United!
Wolves just got promoted and they could be ok as well

Valencia (Spain)
Ajax (Holland)

:roflmao: You ae kidding right? Blackburn sucks. Friedel is all they have. Rovers suck!

Madrid,Barcelona,Man Utd. will be my team.

One of those three will be my team is what I meant.

Originally posted by Prime Time

:roflmao: You ae kidding right? Blackburn sucks. Friedel is all they have. Rovers suck!

Have you ever heard of Damien Duff? Tugay?

Yeah, Rovers suck so much that they finished 6th and are playing in the UEFA Cup next year. :rolleyes:

There are more clubs than the few who just spend a ton of money. It isn't just about ManU, Barca, Real, Arsenal, etc. Rovers have a pretty good team right now.

Duff is good. Tugay is okay. Rovers won't do anything next year.

Back
Top Bottom