BREAKING: Miami Dolphins trade for WR Tyreek Hill | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING: Miami Dolphins trade for WR Tyreek Hill

Man…I just don’t know how to feel about this one. On one hand, it’s Tyreek ****ing Hill! And on the other, it’s still Tyreek Hill.

The move shows the team is serious about trying to be a force…but will the cost, in the end, bite them in the ass? There’s no guarantee he maintains his level of play, in fact, it would be ludicrous to expect it. Tua just simply can’t make some of the throws that Hill ravenously feasted on in KC. I’m not bashing Tua…but the simple truth is he needs a good bit of improvement throwing on the run, busted plays etc. Mahomes makes a KILLING off those plays.

Then again, maybe the simultaneous presence of Waddle and Hill, throw in MG for good measure, will blow open the run game, and it won’t matter. The Chiefs run game always looks better than it is because of Mahomes/Hill/Kelce...and it’s not nearly as imaginative as McD is. Tua really needs to give a few teams a rap across the beak, earn some respect, and then we’d see some real value from this move.

Damn Chiefs knew they wouldn’t be able to afford his next contract and made a business decision. I just hope Hill does better than the norm when a big name player moves to a new team.

Tua my dude…2022 is it…the planets are lining up nicely. Make it happen!

Prove it. Don’t just say it.

All the Dolphins really did was trade #29, #50 and a combination of three 4th and 6th round picks to trade up for what would be a top 5 player in this draft if he was in it.

Looking at it even a different way, the 29th pick is merely 4 spots away from being a 2nd rounder. So it’s almost as if MIA traded two 2nd rounders, two 4th rounders and a 6th to move up for a top tier player.

There wasn’t going to be a player available at 29 that was very likely to ever be as impactful as Tyreek Hill.

Lastly, if you research history you’ll find that most 4th and 6th round picks aren’t overly fruitful. So we’re really talking #29 and #50 for arguably the most dangerous play maker in the league

So, again, please enlighten how it was a “gross amount” to give up.

You’re simply regurgitating a false narrative.

I swear, a small faction of people are acting as if they gave up three future 1st’s or something. Not only that, they utilized capital from a previous trade (Tunsil) to make this deal.

Shake yourselves people.

Here's the way I look at it... Miami had the 29th pick a few days ago. There are possibly as many as 7 wrs going in the first round and Miami was considering the position as a option. If a month from now you told me Miami traded their 2nd round pick to move up to the late teens in the 1st round to select one of the better rookie prospects I would have been ok with it. However, instead of getting a really good prospect you're getting one of the best wrs in the league and maybe the most dangerous. Sure you then have to mention the 2 4th round picks and a 6th round pick but that's a small price to pay for what you could be getting.

Last edited:
Here's the wayI look at it... Miami had the 29th pick a few days ago. There are possibly as many as 7 wrs going in the first round and Miami was considering the position as a option. If a month from now you told me Miami traded their 2nd round pick to move up to the mid teens in the 1st round to select one of the better rookie prospects I would have been ok with it. However, instead of getting a really good prospect you're getting one of the best wrs in the league and maybe the most dangerous. Sure you then have to mention the 2 4th round picks and a 6th round pick but that's a small price to pay for what you could be getting.

I actually heard Cynthia Frelund assert that the package of picks MIA parted with was commensurate to trading for a QB.

I typically like Frelund but she needs to stick to her strengths which is the finance side of things. She’s often out of her depth as a game/player/draft analyst.

No worthwhile QB in their prime is going for a very late 1st, a mid-2nd and a bunch of 4th and 6th’s.

Absolute crazy talk.

Last edited:
I actually heard Cynthia Frelund assert that the package of picks MIA parted with was commensurate to trading for a QB.

I typically like Frelund but she needs to stick to her strengths which is the finance side of things. She’s often out of her depth as a game/player analyst.

No worthwhile QB in their prime is going for a very late 1st, a mid-2nd and a bunch of 4th and 6th’s.

Absolute crazy talk.
Yeah the total draft trade value is like 1153, which is roughly the 13th pick in the draft. You aren't getting a prime QB with just that

I know they're pretty similar picks but has it been said which 4th round pick we gave the Chiefs?

An irrelevant and candid question…
I was arguing with my brother who do we rather have the Dolphins trade for?, assuming the cost of pics was similar, and all of them command a new contract:

D. Adams
T. Hill
DK
Deebo

I went: Adams, Hill, Deebo, DK
Hill, Deebo, Adams, DK.

If we’re factoring “fit” into the equation.

But if we’re simply going by ranking of the receivers overall, I like your list.

I'm old...

But I mentioned Paul Warfield last night. He was the difference back in the glory days. A Hall of Famer, he was the THREAT that made our running offense work. Sure it was another era, but it is still true that an immediate TD threat opens up any running offense.

He cost us the third pick in the first round, and yes, Hill just cost us less than that. So the historical comparison is apt. The difference is only economic, because back then, before the World Football League, money didn't really matter. Sadly, now it does, and the economic impact of Hill is far more damaging than it ever was with Paul.

We'll need to find a way to achieve some return on the future exits of players we'll be unable to afford to keep-- just like the Chiefs just did. ...and we'll have to keep the fanbase from being restive when 'their' stars leave the team for just a third round comp pick.

It is coming... not this year, but soon. Yes, Parker will be one of the first to go, but please... please don't be surprised at how little we'll get for him. The REAL need is saving that 5.5M of his salary in 2023.

I hope the fanbase has the maturity to deal with it. But I've met them, and I'm NOT optimistic about that.

Cover 6 under I believe is what I’m hearing from folks, makes the Qb have to try and throw deep, takes away the Short stuff
Here's a write up on how to attack Cover 6. I'm sure McDaniel knows and has his own ideas.

"The Cover 6 defense has a lot of positive aspects. It’s easy to disguise, good against deep routes to the strength of the formation, can utilize cloud coverage on the weak-side receiver, and allows different techniques/rules on different sides of the formation. However, like every defense, there are vulnerabilities. The weak-side safety must have some range, floods will manipulate the coverage as will specific route combinations, the strong side flat is vulnerable, and the run contain to the strength can be manipulated with play action, since the safety has to respect the run."

The Heat are an elite NBA team
The Hurricanes are in the Sweet 16
The Panthers are arguable the best NHL Team.
And now this?

What a week for South Florida sports

Go Dubs

First of all, Cincinnati’s offensive line wasn’t nearly as bad as Miami’s, and second, Miami’s skill position players couldn’t hold a candle to what Cincinnati was putting on the field. Throw in that Miami had one of the worst and least experienced offensive coaching staffs in the league, it’s easy to see why yo have different results.
Your reaching and waaayyy of the mark. It's a fail and you can't fix it But you cary on with that. Your on a big island with this one.

Back
Top Bottom