Breaking News on Reggie Bush | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News on Reggie Bush

Why do people think USC will not get punished if there was any school involvement? They punished the most dominant College Football program (Alabama) some years ago for about 3 years of bowl-ineligability. So why would it not happen to USC??

Alabama dominant? This isn't the 1970's.

And right now the NCAA has as much ability to punish Reggie Bush as my high school Math teacher has the ability to send me to detention.

MiamiMan147 said:
Alabama dominant? This isn't the 1970's.

And right now the NCAA has as much ability to punish Reggie Bush as my high school Math teacher has the ability to send me to detention.

Alabama has the most National Titles out of every Division 1 school so, yes they would be dominant. That's like saying the 72 Dolphins shouldn't be considered the most dominant team ever (which they are) because it's not the 70's.

They punished the most dominant College Football program (Alabama) some years ago for about 3 years of bowl-ineligability

They were not a dominant team when they were punished, and hadn't been for 20 years.

Avigatorx said:
He could lose his heisman.

This is probably a weird question.....but they couldn't take back his trophy, right?? I know that they could refuse to recognize him any more....and list the award as vacant for '05....but they couldn't actually repossess the trophy I don't think. They gave it to him....so it's his property now. I wonder how that would work........

just one of the many stupid things that goes through my mind. :goof:

burger13 said:
This is probably a weird question.....but they couldn't take back his trophy, right?? I know that they could refuse to recognize him any more....and list the award as vacant for '05....but they couldn't actually repossess the trophy I don't think. They gave it to him....so it's his property now. I wonder how that would work........

just one of the many stupid things that goes through my mind. :goof:

I dont see why not. If he was ineligible to receive the trophy in the first place, why not just take it away?

If USC's record is stripped, how can bush have any stats for the '05 season? (technically speaking).

They could list it as vacant or award it to the second place finisher.

I dont think its likely, but its possible.

Of course none of this means bush is any less of an athlete than he was before the news hit. He will still make a boatload of money in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom