Breck | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breck

RHoffman

DOB: Get my Ring!
Reaction score
Breckenridge, is it really necessary for you to start name calling just because you don't like what I have to say.

Certainly, Dave Wannestedt, Spielman and the rest of the organization get paid very well to do what they do.

That doesn't mean that they are automatically right every time either.

I am just calling like I see it and quite honestly I will match up my Dolphin and football knowledge against yours or anyone else on this board any day of the week.

As for my statement about settling for mediocrity, I gave Miami credit for getting Ricky Williams...as for Kruetz they didn't get him bottom line.

Once again, I would just like to see Miami gamble on greatness once in a while. Yes they did it with Ricky, but they have five year track record of being good and not great so let's do something
about it instead of calling each other names and blindly following what they do.

Sorry about the name-calling. I agree, I don't mind gambling for greatness. However, Rohan Davey is not great. And he won't be great. Even if we did draft him, and even if he was good. He still would not get the chance to play. It looks to me like Jay will be starting the first game of the season and nothing will change that unless he gets injured. I would rather see Miami gamble on a player (I can't think of one right now still left in the draft) like DeShaun Foster. Even though he isn't left, he would have been such a higher draft pick had he finished last season. DeShaun Foster was at one point, the greatest back in college during last season but he could not finish the year (didn't he get suspended?) so he doesn't look as good. He didn't get worse, he just didn't play. I would rather see someone drafted like that at a position we need. Jay Fiedler is winning games without any o-line or running game help. It will all come together. Just wait and see. We ARE on the verge of greatness, we just need some more depth so when the injuries start coming, we can still win games.

Originally posted by RHoffman

Once again, I would just like to see Miami gamble on greatness once in a while. Yes they did it with Ricky, but they have five year track record of being good and not great so let's do something
about it instead of calling each other names and blindly following what they do.

You pretty much contradicted yourself. You would like to see Miami gamble and they did with Ricky Williams. How often do you see a trade of that caliber in the salary cap era with a team as cash strapped with the phins. Or how about going after Chester as hard as they did? This FA crop was pretty weak and they went out hard after a really young DT with a lot of upside. Also if it wasn't for "loyalty" they would have gotten Olin.

As for the 2nd half of your statement, guess what? There is absolutely NOTHING you or anyone else on this board can do about anything concerning the phins except blindly follow. Blindly following is what makes you a fan.

"as for Kruetz they didn't get him bottom line."

They offered him the highest contract any center has EVER BEEN OFFERED. Kreutz just decided to stay in Chicago for less.

Back
Top Bottom