Breece Hall or Isaiah Spiller? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breece Hall or Isaiah Spiller?

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Club Member
Reaction score
Breece Hall is my choice for now. I doubt we go RB first round, but we are probably picking late first round. James Cook is third on my list. Can’t wait to see what RBs pop this year.

Wouldn't mind Cook as a later round choice at this point. I am fond of B.J. Baylor in the later rounds as well. Caught a couple of his games and oh my.

I was surprised that their sizes are similar because Hall seems more rugged and lower to the ground. Hall would be my preference based on running style. There’s some poor man’s Ricky Williams in there if you squint hard enough. I think he can be an impact back who could really, really help this offense, like a Chubb or Hunt. The front office‘s dismissal of the importance of having an impact running back has been a miscalculation, IMO.

Spiller is showing out against Bama. I think I have changed my mind. Spiller is special.

Does it really matter in the end?Grier has this great idea that RBs dont matter and thats clear and evident.Have no problem with either 1.Both are damn good.

I don’t think either are the quality of back worthy of drafting in the 1st Round.

Spiller is more physical - harder to bring down and runs through contact better. Also better at picking up blitzers. Hall might have slightly better vision and be a step faster on the top end. Both catch the ball well out of the backfield.

Kenneth Walker has tossed his hat in the ring with those two. He’s been a dominant force on the ground this year for Sparty.

I don’t think either are the quality of back worthy of drafting in the 1st Round.

Spiller is more physical - harder to bring down and runs through contact better. Also better at picking up blitzers. Hall might have slightly better vision and be a step faster on the top end. Both catch the ball well out of the backfield.

Kenneth Walker has tossed his hat in the ring with those two. He’s been a dominant force on the ground this year for Sparty.
So, no Derrick Henry types?

Breece Hall is my choice for now. I doubt we go RB first round, but we are probably picking late first round. James Cook is third on my list. Can’t wait to see what RBs pop this year.
I'd lay off a premium back this year...

Solidify the line (Flores, hire an experienced o-line coach or get on somewhere) so we don't waste carries and take a good one next season.

Kenneth Walker looking good today vs Michigan.

Breece Hall scouting report (for what it's worth they get it wrong a lot).

"Explosiveness. Hall seems to play at one speed and it's not a very fast one. He does a good job of finding the hole and making the right cut, but he doesn't explode past the defense like so many of the best running backs"

Back
Top Bottom