Brees & Culpepper: Setting it Straight | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees & Culpepper: Setting it Straight

twg76

Proverbs 3:5-6
Reaction score
So the Miami Dolphins have just signed Daunte Culpepper. Holy Moses! Honestly ask yourself: "Can I believe that Daunte Culpepper is a Dolphin?" Then tell yourself: "It doesn't matter what I think."

The bottom line is that Culpepper is a Dolphin because it is meant to be. It is that simple. Everyone still wants to fuss over who would be better. Well, it's too late. Get over it.

Brees is an underdog style QB. The kind of guy that surprises when all odds are against him. Who doesn't like that in a QB? But maybe that isn't what Miami needs right now. Miami doesn't need another Dan Marino right now. New Orleans needs that underdog style QB. Someone who can surprise when the chips are down. New Orleans is a better fit for Brees. The expectations will be high, but not be too high because of the all-time low that city reached last year.

Now, what about Culpepper? Culpepper is a flashy superstar style QB. He is a young guy with all the talent in the world. Many think he is right behind Peyton Manning. I guarantee you that Miami will get 2 or 3 times as much ESPN time now with Culpepper than they received without him. That is the kind of player he is. He is destined for the Super Bowl. That is what Miami needs someone who can simply win games. Whether it is ugly, pretty, sick, or sad, it still gets done. Why? One word - skill.

Culpepper has questions surrounding his heart though. I'm not talking about palpitations or murmurs here either. I'm talking about good ol' fashion passion. Does he have the fire in his heart to prevail over adversity in the big games? He certainly has the talent. I guess we will see in 2006. Don't forget that this is a homecoming for Culpepper. He graduated from UCF in Orlando. This may be a chance for him to return to his roots and find the passion needed to win championships. Let's all hope so.

So one last time - just to be clear. It doesn't matter if you wanted Culpepper in Miami. Personally, I would have preferred Brees. But it doesn't matter now. Culpepper is in Miami, and it is meant to be. It is time to start watching Culpepper's development as a Dolphin under Saban's system. I have a good feeling that Saban is the guy to help mold Culpepper into an elite NFL QB.

GO FINS!!! :dolphins:

amen...

and now just think, culpepper has chambers, look what moss and culpepper did...and i feel chambers has now got the quarterback to make him the receiver he was projected to be. the future is now, and the team is poised for the superbowl run

Back
Top Bottom