Brett Favre overrated?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brett Favre overrated??

spydertl79

Active Roster
Reaction score
I know he's a great QB who I'd love to have here in Miami but I think that because he's a nice guy all the announcers are in love with him. If I hear one more Marino comparison to him I am gonna flip out, he does not have the arm Marino had and while he will be in the HOF, he is not one of the best 5 QBs of all time.

spydertl79 said:
I know he's a great QB who I'd love to have here in Miami but I think that because he's a nice guy all the announcers have their tongues stapled to his nuts. If I hear one more Marino comparison to him I am gonna flip out, he does not have the arm Marino had and while he will be in the HOF, he is not one of the best 5 QBs of all time.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

spydertl79 said:
I know he's a great QB who I'd love to have here in Miami but I think that because he's a nice guy all the announcers have their tongues stapled to his nuts. If I hear one more Marino comparison to him I am gonna flip out, he does not have the arm Marino had and while he will be in the HOF, he is not one of the best 5 QBs of all time.

I think he is over rated in the sense where everyone gushes over him to the point that it is annoying. I am sick of hearing how he loves the game and he gets away with things that make other players jack#$#$es.

However as a quarterback, the guy is amazing. If he is not top 5, he is number 6.

Wow, I disagree with you. I think he is a great QB because he is a great QB! Comparing him to Marino is just a compliment to Favre, but the guy is an incredible athlete, and he knows how to win. He has more fire than any other player (currently) in the NFL. He is not Marino, but I believe he is a great QB.

Im just sick of the SNF commentators.. its like they're promised head after the show if they talk them up enough.

Suck up BS announcers. Maybe its not a question of Farve. Maybe its the overgushing praise that we get fed about him.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I think he is over rated in the sense where everyone gushes over him to the point that it is annoying. I am sick of hearing how he loves the game and he gets away with things that make other players jack#$#$es.

However as a quarterback, the guy is amazing. If he is not top 5, he is number 6.
I agree.
1. Marino
2. Manning (he's awesome)
3. Unitas
4. Montana
5. Elway
6. Favre

Canadianfishfan said:
Suck up BS announcers. Maybe its not a question of Farve. Maybe its the overgushing praise that we get fed about him.
Good point, either way I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking this.

Phinadict said:
Wow, I disagree with you. I think he is a great QB because he is a great QB! Comparing him to Marino is just a compliment to Favre, but the guy is an incredible athlete, and he knows how to win. He has more fire than any other player (currently) in the NFL. He is not Marino, but I believe he is a great QB.
Thats what i said, I'll give him great but not as good as the announcers make him seem.

Are you crazy! I know Favre's arm isn't what it use to be but to question the strength of his arm is nuts!

Favres arm strength is being questioned? No way, dude has a rifle. How many MVP's does he have? How many rings? I know that doesnt always mean he's the best, but Id say he's easily in top 3/4.

No particular order: Montana, Favre, Marino, Elway.

Peyton Manning over Favre? No thanks. Id take Favre all day on that one. John U. over Favre, pass as well.

It's time once again to post the Billy Madison response:
Mr. spydertl79, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
:nono:

"Nicely" said not harsh good job.The part about Favre not having the arm of Marino floored me.I love Danny, but hayday to hayday Favre out guns Marino.:cry:
tehMick said:
It's time once again to post the Billy Madison response:
Mr. spydertl79, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
:nono:

spydertl79 said:
I know he's a great QB who I'd love to have here in Miami but I think that because he's a nice guy all the announcers are in love with him. If I hear one more Marino comparison to him I am gonna flip out, he does not have the arm Marino had and while he will be in the HOF, he is not one of the best 5 QBs of all time.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't old enough to fully remember Favre in his prime.

Id put Favre's arm vs Marinos arm any day. Recievers have had a hard time catching Favre's passes because he passes it so damn hard. Marino had an amazing release, but I am sure Farve's velocity is AT LEAST comparable. He has had recievers injured because of his passes too lol.

Back
Top Bottom