Brian Brohm Update! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Brohm Update!

etsudolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Just found this from a local newspaper in Louisville...Brohm's father commented on Petrino's departure

Brohm said he wanted to let things settle down, hear from some NFL scouts on his potential draft status and then make a decision.

“We have been talking about it this weekend but no decision was made,” his father said last night. “We were hoping to make a decision early this week. But I’m just not sure now. I don’t know really what to expect about anything anymore.”

Oscar Brohm, who also played quarterback at U of L, said it would be nice to know who the U of L coach was going to be before making a decision.

“Obviously, that is of great interest,” he said. “It’s going to make for an interesting, probably stressful week for everybody.”

The Brohms’ deadline is Jan. 15.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070107/SPORTS02/70107021/1028

That probably means he was leaning on staying until this news came out. Come to Miami Brian, come to Miami!

IMO, Brian Brohm has played his last Bowl Game as a Louisville Cardinal. The irony is, that he played it in Dolphins Stadium, and if he declares, we would be in position to draft him. :lol:

IMO, Brian Brohm has played his last Bowl Game as a Louisville Cardinal. The irony is, that he played it in Dolphins Stadium, and if he declares, we would be in position to draft him. :lol:

"Isn't it ironic....don't ya think? A little too ironic...oh yeah I really do think! It's like rainnnnn...." jk Yeah that is pretty cool I haven't thought about that

Sounds to me like he planned on staying until his coach left.

Now he has to do alot of work to firm up who would draft him and when.

I bet he declares late next week and annouces his agent.

Sadly, i still dont think so. I have a feeling this will be the first draft in awhile where all the top QB's go real early.

Going to save this quote till draft day, just in case I jinx it. :wink:

I think if he starts hearing from teams like us that he would be a target he will come. To much uncertainty over at L-Ville for him to come back when he will likely get into the top 10.

I know hes hearing it in the media and such, but if some pro teams and scouts start really talking to him, i think that will seal it.
BTW anyone know if L-Ville was ready for Petrino to leave? Did they have anyone lined up? Seemed to me that his name to Atlanta was a rather sudden/out of the blue thing. Almost certainly if they dont have a firm coach in place by the deadline he goes.

I think if he starts hearing from teams like us that he would be a target he will come. To much uncertainty over at L-Ville for him to come back when he will likely get into the top 10.

I know hes hearing it in the media and such, but if some pro teams and scouts start really talking to him, i think that will seal it.
BTW anyone know if L-Ville was ready for Petrino to leave? Did they have anyone lined up? Seemed to me that his name to Atlanta was a rather sudden/out of the blue thing. Almost certainly if they dont have a firm coach in place by the deadline he goes.

it was out of the blue b/c they said he was so under the radar just incase if he dindt get a job it wuoldnt affect his recruiting.

Back
Top Bottom