------ Brian Brohm: Why the free-fall? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

------ Brian Brohm: Why the free-fall?

A lot of people are scared of his durability he seems to get injured a lot.

And the Louisville system seems to produce some busts Redman etc.

Also his arm strength isn't all that great

Senior season his production went way down could be because petrino left but who knows. that's all i know or at least what i read.
When you say his production went way down, what exactly are you talking about?

199-313 3409 yards 63.6% 16 tds 05 ints 16 sacks 159.08 qb ratings

308-473 4024 yards 65.1% 30 tds 12 ints 24 sacks 152.43 qb ratings

I read somewhere that he completed 55 of 60 passes (3 were dropped) at Louisvilles pro day.
Also from his Sophomore year to nowthat his bench of 225 went from 9 times to 18. just a little info

I haven't heard anything official either, but the rumors floating around is that he tore it up yesterday including his last pass as a 60 yard bomb that hit Urrutia in perfectly in stride. He ran another 40 at 4.6.

Also heard that LB (safety at the NFL level) Lamar Miles did 33 reps on the bench. That kid is a beast of a tackling machine. He'd be a great one to get in round 6 or 7 as a safety/special teams guy.

When you say his production went way down, what exactly are you talking about?

199-313 3409 yards 63.6% 16 tds 05 ints 16 sacks 159.08 qb ratings

308-473 4024 yards 65.1% 30 tds 12 ints 24 sacks 152.43 qb ratings

Thanks for the stats.
It'd be great value to get him at #32....if possible.

a major component in the draft is intelligence and when a guy is a sure fire top 20 pick and decides to stay in school and watch his stock get obliterated, it doesnt say much for ur inteligence

I guess that means that Peyton Manning must be pretty stupid then!

Bad logic, bad post

If BP doesnt take Matty with the 1st. I think if Brohm falls into our laps at 32 as much as I would like to take Collins OT, Nicks OT, Baker OT I think BP will take him. He would have been a top 10 pick last year if he would have came out. Ive never seen a player fall so far unless he had an injury . Brohms #'s were great this year. We will prob take him at 32 if hes there and if this happens I could see us taking Gary Barnidge with our 6th or 7th and Harry Douglas with our other pick in the 6th or 7th. If we get Brohm we still need a TE and a WR and why not get someone he has been throwing to for a while now. Barnidge has been one of the players I want to drafteither way since he will be there late in day two and Douglas has been our pick in several diff mocks. I woulnt mind picking Simms up if Bucs cut him and just try to make it through the year with what we got. unless we can get woodson or Brennen in the 6th or 7th. McCown will be a good QB in Miami if we get a couple of OL in this draft .

Brennan NEVER was suppose to be a high pick . . . he doesn't have the tools to be considered a high pick. . . whoever was suggesting this was sadly mistaken by the flashy numbers he put in JIm Jones system @ Hawaii . . . I'm not saying he can't improve and be serviceable . . . but I would draft Erik Ainge over Brennan . . . thats just me tho.
Totally! In a second! I actually think that he could be one of those guys that wasn't great in college but turns out to be a good pro. He seems to have a style that would translate well to the NFL. He seemed to take to Martz's coaching at the senior bowl to lead the game winning drive, although I know that game doesn't mean to much for QB's.

I guess that means that Peyton Manning must be pretty stupid then!

Bad logic, bad post

no - yours is the bad post - although manning stayed in school he still went 1st overall the next year.

what he was talking about is someone who would have been top 20 falling out of the first round the next year - the manning situation couldnt be more different.

Back
Top Bottom