Brian Flores: 'Hard to say' if Tua Tagovailoa will be ready to start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores: 'Hard to say' if Tua Tagovailoa will be ready to start

The Dolphins snuck in an exam on Tagovailoa in March before team facilities shut down. The assessment helped make the club confident enough to make the pick but doesn't help get him on the field after offseason workouts were scuttled due to COVID-19.

They’re also getting a lot of looks at him and installing the system because he fell under the waiver of a rehabbing player.

There are tons of rookies out there who have barely entered team facilities and Tua had been in for weeks working with the medical team throwing passes, moving around he’s got a head-start. While physically he may not be where he wants to be; mentally and preparation wise he’s ahead of a lot of rookies.

It’s a good approach. Don’t cave into external demands outside of the building.

I think it’s sort of a new trend in the NFL to give these coaches long contracts for the at the very least image of stability and confidence for them to instill a system. I think with the success of his first year there’s definitely a lot of confidence that he’s going to steer the franchise in a proper direction.

so as much as I want to see him play, I know that week one the most appropriate and best prepared quarterback will be playing. And when he gets the nod it’s not gonna be because they’re trying to rejuvenate a season it’s going to be because he is ready.

I think it’s sort of a new trend in the NFL to give these coaches long contracts for the at the very least image of stability and confidence for them to instill a system. I think with the success of his first year there’s definitely a lot of confidence that he’s going to steer the franchise in a proper direction.

so as much as I want to see him play, I know that week one the most appropriate and best prepared quarterback will be playing. And when he gets the nod it’s not gonna be because they’re trying to rejuvenate a season it’s going to be because he is ready.
By new trend do you mean the one I’ve seen for the 40+ years that I’ve watched football.

Even with all the draft picks and FA additions to the OL it is still going to be an inconsistent work in progress.

Especially with the lack of a proper training camp and preseason.

I do not put Tua out there until i trust the OL to protect him.

Sorry Fitz but I am fine with risking you or Rosen. ;)

Even with all the draft picks and FA additions to the OL it is still going to be an inconsistent work in progress.

Especially with the lack of a proper training camp and preseason.

I do not put Tua out there until i trust the OL to protect him.

Sorry Fitz but I am fine with risking you or Rosen. ;)
We will see what happens in training camp. And how practice go w Tua...I dont think our oline will never be great but it can be serviceable.. so if Tua was problemly best qb in 2017,2018 and 2019 in college football.. it should not take him that long be starter in miami.. if he is healthy

Last edited:
Travis dolphins got proved it. We can talk all we want on here. Try sound good fight w each other... than at end of year.. we watch somebody else in SB.
I’m not entirely sure how to reply to this... yeah the OL has to prove themselves

I know you struggle with English at times, but my comment wasn’t meant to be negative, just a funny little quip

So basically, two negatives in a sentence will cancel out, so in theory what you said they will eventually be great.

“Don’t think they will be never great”

Implying, one day they will rise from the ashes

The Dolphins snuck in an exam on Tagovailoa in March before team facilities shut down. The assessment helped make the club confident enough to make the pick but doesn't help get him on the field after offseason workouts were scuttled due to COVID-19.
I thought that was very interesting. Wasn’t everyone reporting that the Phins wanted to get him in, but were unable to when everything shut down?

Back
Top Bottom