Brian Hartline leading NFL in receiving yards (455) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Hartline leading NFL in receiving yards (455)

I just heard Dan Marino on the radio say he never really thought of anybody being a #1 or #2. What is the big deal with the number system? We had a pretty productive passing game yesterday.

I just heard Dan Marino on the radio say he never really thought of anybody being a #1 or #2. What is the big deal with the number system? We had a pretty productive passing game yesterday.

It isn't really about a number 1 or number 2. It's about having enough talent at WR to be able to 1) spread the ball around and 2) keep the defense from doubling up on a particular receiver. Consequently, it also helps the running game.

It isn't really about a number 1 or number 2. It's about having enough talent at WR to be able to 1) spread the ball around and 2) keep the defense from doubling up on a particular receiver. Consequently, it also helps the running game.
OK, fair enough. But with over 400 yds in the passing game we still couldn't run the ball.

WHO CARES WHAT # HE IS!? He has been fantastic this year, and we need to lock him up because if we draft a red zone threat next year, this offense will look a whole lot better. We are getting the yards, we just aren't getting the TDs. Hartline runs solid routes and has nice hands. Just get a big guy to catch balls in the endzone all day long.

OK, fair enough. But with over 400 yds in the passing game we still couldn't run the ball.

Bro I wasn't disagreeing with you. I was basically agreeing with you. But 80 of those yards came on one play. Reggie Bush wasn't 100% and DT is just horrible. We passed a lot at the end because it was see-saw on the score board at the end. The running game became all but a non-factor later in the game. My point is, we need to have the secondary respect our WRs all over the field so they aren't able to send a safety up for help against the run and the will have to keep LBs back for help underneath for the TEs. I was agreeing. Just didn't expand on my thoughts.

well if he was a one or not is immaterial today he was our number one

And the entire league!

Also , defenses will no longer have the luxury of focusing on bush in their game planning against us. Tannehill and Hartline's chemistry will do nothing but improve our running game. It would be nice to see Bush get some passes in the open.

While it's nice to applaud personal stats, I loved Hartlines interview with MiamiDolphins.com yesterday right after the game.

He doesn't give a damn about his stats. He's sick of losing, and so am I.

Go listen to it. It'll impress you more than his numbers.

I'd be feeling really good had they hung on for the win.

It's great to see the deep pass back. It's great to see some excitement back in the offense. I'm excited to see how good Hartline can become, what a great game he had!

#1's have the tools to be great CB's right away. You want your #1 to be INSTANT OPEN. Hartline can get some very good CB's with his route running, assuming the play has time to develop. Hoops noted his great double-move. But he doesn't have the physical tools to immediately beat a dominant athlete at boundary CB. Even Cromartie - who isn't a great cover CB, unless he really gets his hands on you - gave Hartline fits.

Hartline has really developed, and he's exceeded my wildest expectations for him, but I don't see the tools you want in your best WR. Your #1 doesn't have to be C. Johnson. R. Wayne - in his day, and maybe still - had speed/strength/quickness combo to be a #1. Marvin Harrison before him had #1 tools. S. Smith in Carolina was - maybe still is - a dangerous and capable #1. A guy Hartline's size needs an elite combination of explosion and balance to be a true #1. He's a little more explosive than he appears, but his balance is . . . less than ideal.

Where is everyone that thought he couldn't catch in stride. Sure did yesterday.

Where is everyone that thought he couldn't catch in stride. Sure did yesterday.

yesterday was the first time in a long time we actually threw to him in routes that let him do that. Only other time I remember him not running curls was when Sparano was dead set on making him a team threat a lot Ted Ginn during Marshall's first season with the team.

you guys are concerned about the wrong thing... imo we need a field stretching seam-threat TE to keep the safeties honest. adding that, i think we'll see bess and hartline reach their potential...

Judging by some of these posts, if the Dolphins were good people would really be arrogant. I mean it's one thing to be positive, but wow...

I like Hartline and he's a good WR, but just because he leads the league in yards doesn't make him a #1 WR. He's just a #1 because our WR core sucks. He better ****ing be one for us.

A #1 to me is like Megatron and Fitzgerald. Hartline is a very good #2 IMO.

I'm not going to say that Hartline is better than Johnson or Fitzgerald but why does he have more yards than them if he isn't a No.1 WR? No.1 WRs are supposed to see the most targets every week which is why their stats are always so gaudy.

Just because outside of Hartline and Bess the Dolphins WR core is nothing to boast about doesn't mean Hartline can't take advantage of these opportunities and perform at a No. 1 WR level.

This is not after week 1 people...this kid possibly/is the real deal. This says A LOT after a whole complete month of football. I am so proud of him, either way if he slips down the ranks it's a confidence booster. Who knows, maybe by the end of this year he forces the double coverage!

best part about this is he would of probably had 60 more if tannehill wasnt hit on last offensive play. HE WAS OPEN DEEP and Tannehill was throwing it to him

Back
Top Bottom