"Brian Hartline needs to catch the ball!!!" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Brian Hartline needs to catch the ball!!!"

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Brian Hartline has got to catch what’s thrown to him.

It’s one thing when a D-back drops a ball; their priority is defending passes, not catching them. It’s another when a receiver you’re counting on to make plays drops three passes, as Hartline did Sunday when he wound up without a catch.

It’s not time to panic, at least not yet, but Hartline also had a few drops in preseason, when his eight receptions tied Brandon Marshall and Davone Bess for second-most among receivers, one behind rookie Marlon Moore.
When the Dolphins play the Vikings on Sunday, fans will be reminded that Hartline’s upside was a prime reason sure-handed Greg Camarillo was traded to Minnesota. He needs to start rewarding that faith.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...ing-points-defensive-backs-need-better-hands/

I was fine with all the cuts except Grove (for depth) and Camarillo because I figured Hartline would lose his job at some point because of the drops. Without someone else as a pass catching threat Marshall will get double coverage all the time and his YAC will be limited...if we get the ball to him.

Rolando Wallace needs to step up big time. Miami needs a legit #2 WR and it looks like Wallace, in my eyes, is the one with the highest ceiling to accomplish that. He needs to take that elevator and hit his ceiling ASAP. Miami desperately needs it.

Rolando Wallace needs to step up big time. Miami needs a legit #2 WR and it looks like Wallace, in my eyes, is the one with the highest ceiling to accomplish that. He needs to take that elevator and hit his ceiling ASAP. Miami desperately needs it.

This is the same thing we thought about Hartline last year.

Too early to panic. The offense in general looked terrible. Our offense always gets off to terrible starts - blame D. Henning. Our had gotten off to terrible starts before we brought in a REAL coach, M. Nolan. If our D can get us to 2-1, I think the offense will start to pick up.

This is the same thing we thought about Hartline last year.

I'm pretty sure I remember the general consensus of the talent status of our WR's was described as "doomed" from the time pre-season and season began (last year). The excitement was all based on the unpredictability/creativity of the offensive gameplan (wildcat) as well as the potential of the backup QB (Henne).
Hartline, Moore or Wallace have to show up as that reliable #2 that can get open. We all know what Bess is, he's been playing at his maximum potential since the first practice he had as a Miami Dolphin. That #2 is what this offense needs to be elite.... IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if Moore and Wallace gets a chance to impress if Hartline continues to be inconsistent.

Camarillo was the safety net. We're going to miss him on a big 4th down play at some point this year.

roberto wallace is going to be really special at 6' 4 225 and has good hands and is load to bring down. I would rather have Wallace there because hartline has had alot of easy catches dropped.

Bess is more than capable to handle any 3rd and long situation. Moore is the guy that I thought would step it up to compliment Marshall if Hartline can't hold on to the ball. He's got blinding speed to get down field.

We should give Wallace or Moore a legit shot at that #2 spot to be completely honest.

Hartline has done nothing impressive all camp, preseason, and in the first game. He didn't earn the #2 job; it was handed to him.

I'm a firm believer that if you can get your hands on the ball, you damn well better catch it.

That said, I'm not as concerned about Hartline's ability to catch, as I am about Henne being more accurate with his passes, and Henning designing more outlets for Henne to dump the ball off when faced with a blitz.

Hartline was not the only one with drops last week. Can we at least give it a few games before we toss him under the bus??

I don't see Wallace or Moore getting a legit shot this year unless Hartline keeps dropping passes....game after game. I think Tuna and Sparano tend to favor Ohio State/Michigan guys for some odd reason.

Back
Top Bottom