Brian Hartline | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Hartline

:rolleyes2: See how quick the patriots scoop him up if we let him walk!!

Who knows, we heard the same thing with Ronnie Brown.
Im thinking NE will draft a receiver. They have Loyd and will probably resign Welker over signing a guy like Hartline.

Brother Hartline was playing through a bad back.

No excuse ...he's gone 30 games with 1 touchdown

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

:rolleyes2: See how quick the patriots scoop him up if we let him walk!!

That's an old tired excuse that people use when they don't want to lose one of their favorites

Outstanding Idea! Especially since this regime set the precedent of ****-canning thousand yard receivers with Marshall.

Going forward, if a WR puts up 4-digit yardage, he should never see the light of day the following season! That should especially apply to naturally #3 WRs who by default are drawing the coverage of the opponents' best CBs and who can be often counted on to move the ball down the field, even though there's not a naturally #1 or #2 WR also lining up to make those Fitz/Johnson/Johnson/Greene type end zone catches. Who needs a dependable, team-oriented LOS moving overachiever whose threat draws double teams away from future #s 1&2 receivers anyway? Right?

Ireland already ****ed up with Hartline, he should have been re-signed last offseason for $2-4 million a year. Now we're going to be looking at paying him $5-8 million a year in order to keep him. This is why I'm so worked up over the idea of giving Ireland one more chance in 2013, in my opinion he's already made 2 horrible free agency mistakes for 2013 by not extending Hartline and Smith earlier for much cheaper contracts than we'll have to pay to keep them now. He also ****ed up the Jake Long situation by not trading him earlier this season (assuming we are letting him walk).

Irelands 2013 campaign has already started out horribly.

He does fall down alot...in fact, so does Bess...

Hartline might not might a #1 WR but to get rid of him all together? I'd have to nominate this as one of the stupiest threads of the year......right along with the other threads about some people wanting to give Ireland another year.....lol

Ozzy rules!!

Im all for keeping Hartline. But its obvious we need a legit down field target and a big strong WR.

I know this is beaten to death but I can't see why anyone would want him back. 1,000 yards and 1 TD? What? Can't break a tackle, can't catch a short pass and threaten anyone, and IMO is god aweful on the deep pass. I have seen the argument about Tannehill vs. Hartline in the blame game for not connecting on the deep pass. I forget who we played the first time this came up, I was in the camp that he didn't make any adjustment to the ball and picked it up late. BUT after the watching the buffalo game I am convinced that he sucks at the deep ball. In the last buffalo game just passed Ryan had some serious air under that ball and Hartline had absolutely no idea where the ball was until it was too late, it was terrible. Yes that play sucked but what I thought was worse was there was a deep out to the sideline, hartline catches it and falls down but wasn't touched he gets up takes a couple steps up the sideline and then proceeeds to dive out of bounds?????? Please some refute this, why couldn't he just keep running up the sideline, it didn't look like he was forced and simply dove out of bounds for no reason. Almost as bad as the week before when he was wide open for a TD but got tackled by a finger nail. If you want a starting receiver to have a career year and score once... well then hey lets kick field goals all day long...

Wow.. Now we have to read threads saying that Hartline cant catch short passes?!?

No, it's obvious that Hartline is best suited as a #3 or #4 WR.

If we don't bring in a couple of very talented WR's, it's going to be another long year in 2013. One won't get it done.
I'm sure that Brady and Bellicheck would love to have him if the phins dont want him back. The Pats appreciate hard working smart players.

I'm so surprised that so many of you want Hartline back.

Look around you: Cruz/Nicks, Julio/White, Jennings/Cobb/Nelson/Jones, Brown/Wallace, Welker/Lloyd/Gronkowski, Bryant/Austin,

All these great teams have STUDS at the number 2. Hartline is definitely no stud.

I really hope we don't bring him back. Your standards for your second wideout should be higher. Go get Wallace AND draft Keenan Allen. Let Hartline walk.

People think this thread is dumb? You're never going to compete with Hartline at the 2.

The guy has been solid for us, all the stats do not tell how valuable this guy has been for this team.....

The dude had 1000 yards as a number 2 with no number 1. No doubt if we had a threat #1WR Hartline would become even that much more valuable.

The guy is probably going to end up with about 75 catches and close to 1,100 yards when all is said and done. I say that's pretty damn good considering what he went through this past offseason. Sure he's lacking TD production, but the whole WR corps is. If we bring in a Wallace, Bowe or Jennings, that number can go up since defenses will be targeting the receiver opposite Hartline.

I'm so surprised that so many of you want Hartline back.

Look around you: Cruz/Nicks, Julio/White, Jennings/Cobb/Nelson/Jones, Brown/Wallace, Welker/Lloyd/Gronkowski, Bryant/Austin,

All these great teams have STUDS at the number 2. Hartline is definitely no stud.

I really hope we don't bring him back. Your standards for your second wideout should be higher. Go get Wallace AND draft Keenan Allen. Let Hartline walk.

People think this thread is dumb? You're never going to compete with Hartline at the 2.

People didn't even want Welker here anymore either. People complained about the SAME thing with Welker as they did with Hartline. Lack of big play ability and unable to score TDs. 1 TD in 2 years, then he goes to New England and lights it up. 8 TDs first year in New England. All of a sudden he can score TDs? It was the system, o-line, and the QB.. Hartline can be a legit WR in this league. We were 7-8 with him as a 1 and Bess at the 2. I think its smarter to keep Hartline and get rid of Bess and add some more playmakers Brandon Lloyd has had ONE good season in Denver and all of a sudden hes a Stud? Come on. 1 season of 1500 and the rest of your career is under a 1000 doesn't make you a STUD. A STUD does it over and over again.

I like 1,000 yards, but I love Touchdowns even more...

You know what being a 1000 yard receiver with very few TD tells us, he is not a #1 receiver, but he could be an awesome complemetary #2 receiver.

Back
Top Bottom