Bricker / Cole on Available Coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bricker / Cole on Available Coaches

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Bricker on Available Coaches

If the Dolphins decide on a change, I think [Green's] the perfect fit in South Florida. Players love him because he's a lot like Brian Billick at the Ravens. He's outspoken and tough, but he backs his players even in their most difficult moments. Your reference on that one is Ray Lewis.

Pretty good article.

This is like, the 4th article on Green to Miami(including one from the Herald or Sun-Sentinel). I'd love to have Denny, though I know a lot of you guys don't want him here.

Culpepper..
Moss..
Bennett..

That's pretty good drafting on the offensive side of the ball. Hint, hint.

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84
This is like, the 4th article on Green to Miami(including one from the Herald or Sun-Sentinel). I'd love to have Denny, though I know a lot of you guys don't want him here.

Culpepper..
Moss..
Bennett..

That's pretty good drafting on the offensive side of the ball. Hint, hint.

denny green doesn't have the fire that you want in a HC. he's as soft as wannstedt.

Culpepper- garbage... he's not that good. he's played awful as of late. he had 1 good season and awful ever since.

Moss- what a NO BRAINER... the guy was awesome. he had off the field issues, but when RM is that far in the draft, you take him. not a hard choice by denny.

Bennett- who cares? he's a guy that brreak a 60 yarder and get 100 because he broke 1.. not intrested, and won't be a great back in the NFL. he'll be a standard 3rd down back in 2 years or less.

don't give him to much credit... out of 3 guys 1 is good, and that was a steal. he'd never of had that chance if RM didn't **** up, or if other coaches took him earlier. when randy moss is that far down in the draft you take him.

Saying Moss was a no brainer is patently unfair. If that's true, then why the **** isn't he a Dolphin? For that matter, why didn't he go #1? Green had the guts to take him when a lot of others didn't, and he deserves respect for it.

I'm not sure I want Denny Green, but I do think he deserves serious consideration and a job somewhere this offseason. It's a disgrace how past teams have used him as the token minority interview...

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

denny green doesn't have the fire that you want in a HC. he's as soft as wannstedt.

That's pretty much the opposite of everything I've ever seen or read about Denny Green. He's a motivator. He's tough. He ain't soft. I don't know if I want him as our coach or not. But I think you're sorely mistaken comparing him to Wannstedt.

Also from the article....

You cannot question Green's ability to hire quality assistants. At Minnesota, that list includes Brian Billick, Tony Dungy, Monte Kiffin, Tom Moore (Colts OC), Tyrone Willingham and Mike Tice.

As for Michael Bennett, 1300 yards at 5.1 ypc says he's pretty darn good. And 37 recs at 9.5 ypc says he's even better. **2002 numbers**

You may think he's just a speed back, but he, and his stats, looks an awful lot like Robert Smith to me. :)

Damn Huizenga, should have signed Mooch when he could. Now he has to get Denny Green or Jim Fassel?

Dennis Green may be what we need. I have spoken out against him before, but he could be a good fit. Our defense does not need any work, so we will be fine there. Green is a good offensive player evaluator and can turn around the offense on this team. He is a horrible defensive player evaluator (he made many awful defensive draft choices) but on offense he will do a good job. Seeing as we have a good defense already, Green could do a good job here because he could turn our offense around. Also, he is a good motivator. Green won almost every year in Minnesota. His teams have never gone to a Super Bowl, but the guy is a winner and if he has the right team he could get that team there.

If Green was hired would Huizenga give him full control over personel? I know that wannstedt has it but would Rick Speilman be elevated to G.M?

I think that would have to happen or Speilman would leave. The Phins blocked Matt Millen/Lions from talking to Speilman (for GM) on two seperate occasions and instead promoted him further. Speilman needs to have the GM title/powers.

I think Speilman will be the GM when all is said and done. And he will hire the coach.

Originally posted by Muck

That's pretty much the opposite of everything I've ever seen or read about Denny Green. He's a motivator. He's tough. He ain't soft. I don't know if I want him as our coach or not. But I think you're sorely mistaken comparing him to Wannstedt.

Also from the article....

As for Michael Bennett, 1300 yards at 5.1 ypc says he's pretty darn good. And 37 recs at 9.5 ypc says he's even better. **2002 numbers**

You may think he's just a speed back, but he, and his stats, looks an awful lot like Robert Smith to me. :)

from everything i've heard he fits the DW description. very mild mannered, hardly yells, etc...

i guess i also have a problem with the fact his team fell apart too. championship game they lose, and haven't been any good since. sure i know they lost Robert Smith and he was huge. he was like the Vick of that team.

like i said.. 5.1 yards per carry can be deceptive. do you have his situation stats? like what did he do vs certain teams? i mean is that hard to run on that division? and didn't he lead the league in 20+ yards (at a time)? i'm not sold on him. not even close. i think Moe Williams is better IMO.

I would like to see one of the Pats coordinaors be brought in for an interview. Those guys have their men prepared and continuously outcoach their opponents.

The only real options I see are Green, Saban, and Fassel.

I'm thinking that Dennis Green is a lock for Atlanta (total control) which leaves two.

Unless one of those two are a lock, firing Dave would be a mistake.

It might be a mistake either way considering we have never had to sit through a 3-13 season.

Back
Top Bottom