Bricker / Cole on Available Coaches | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bricker / Cole on Available Coaches

Nope

Originally posted by ZOD
The only real options I see are Green, Saban, and Fassel.

I'm thinking that Dennis Green is a lock for Atlanta (total control) which leaves two.

Unless one of those two are a lock, firing Dave would be a mistake.

It might be a mistake either way considering we have never had to sit through a 3-13 season.

Atlanta just hired Rich Mckay as their GM, they got on the ball and realized that giving a HC full control is more of a disadvantage to clubs nowadays, so Dennis Green is no lock for Atlanta. Nick Saban sounds great but so did Butch DAvis coming out of college, and don't even go there with Jim Fassel coming to Miami, becasue he's a DW, just on the offensive side.

Romeo Crennel is very intruiging, becauseI would suppose, he'd go wc offense and help install some killer defensive schemes. He also might do wonders with our cap by getting rid of some of our overpriced star defensive players and bringing in great younger talent. While aquiring more draft picks.

Culpepper- garbage... he's not that good. he's played awful as of late. he had 1 good season and awful ever since.

:lol:

I'll let the stats speak for themselves.

Daunte Culpepper MIN
Yrds: 3022
Att: 397
Comp: 257
TDs: 21
INT: 9
Rating: 95.9

Yeah he is garbage.

Re: Nope

Originally posted by rhadaddy

Atlanta just hired Rich Mckay as their GM, they got on the ball and realized that giving a HC full control is more of a disadvantage to clubs nowadays, so Dennis Green is no lock for Atlanta.

There was another reason why I suspected Green but seeing as Rich Mckay is "on the same page" I see the relationship. There will be a black coach in Atlanta.

"The NFL Committee on Workplace Diversity is chaired by Pittsburgh Steelers owner Dan Rooney and includes four other NFL owners -- Arthur Blank of the Atlanta Falcons, Pat Bowlen of the Denver Broncos, Stan Kroenke of the St. Louis Rams, and Jeff Lurie of the Philadelphia Eagles. The committee is supported by a working group of club football executives comprised of Atlanta's Ray Anderson, the New York Jets' Terry Bradway, Tampa Bay's Rich McKay, Baltimore's Ozzie Newsome, and Indianapolis' Bill Polian."

LINKED

Since the Gainesville Times was all over that hiring (Rich Mckay) I would suppose that Lovie Smith will soon be off the table. :D

the only reason that green drafted moss is because he had cris carter on the team. carter had the same kind of problems, played the same position, and managed to turn himself around. thats why.
wayne isnt going to hire another recycled coach.. hes a smart guy and will learn from his mistake of hiring wannstedt.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

like i said.. 5.1 yards per carry can be deceptive. do you have his situation stats? like what did he do vs certain teams? i mean is that hard to run on that division? and didn't he lead the league in 20+ yards (at a time)? i'm not sold on him. not even close. i think Moe Williams is better IMO.

How is that deceptive?? The guy breaks lots of long runs. When did that become a bad thing?? I always thought the ability to hit the home run at anytime was a major threat, whether it be running or receiving. 6 of Bennett's 37 recs went beyond 20 yards last year. Again, very Robert Smith-like.

The situational stats are there to see. I just don't have time to go over them now (heading to work). But it's curious to see that he's averaging 4.9 ypc with only 2 runs over 20 yards (part-time, coming off the injury), the longest being 28.

He is what he is. I'm not saying he's an elite back. But he's very good.

What about Mike Mularkey

He seems to be a very good OC and has made the steelers a difficult team to defend against. If we can't have my first choice (Cower), why not take an innovative OC.

Look at it this way. The defense is what it is, at least for one more year. The offense has 3 guys to build around (Chambers, RW, and McMichael). We need a QB, a number 2 wr, and some help along the entire O line (except for C and maybe LT).

We can keep Fiedler at a lower cap number, draft a QB, have sage be the #2, and build from there.

This is as optimistic as I can be at the moment.

Gator

Back
Top Bottom