Bring Joe Philbin Back To Teach Rbs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring Joe Philbin Back To Teach Rbs

Moe Green

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We just hired Carl Windslow that was head coach in Detroit and Indianapolis to coach the QBs, I think we should bring Philbin and all his knowledge and his suelte long legs back to coach our RBs.

Some of the best years our RBs ever had were under Philbin, and just think what Drake could do with him as his RB coach.

The sky is the limit!!!

Whats confusing? Did you see the job Philbin did with Aaron Jones? He transformed him into a pro bowler if he stayed healthy. Even Rogers had his best running years with Philbin as his coach!!

I'd be ok to bring him back as an "End of first half possession manager". The man could seemingly genarate 3 possessions out of a 1:30. End of game, not so much.

I'm always very skeptical of attributing position coaches to a players performance. Unless we're talking about a guy who has struggled with significant playing time then improves dramatically as soon as a new coach is hired, you're really not doing anything but guessing. That's the situation with Aaron Jones. He didn't play much as a rookie but averaged 5.5 YPC. Same YPC as last year. No way to credit last year to Philbin.

If anyone could have hired him it should have been Zac Taylor as payback for refusing to fire his father in law until threatened with being fired and continuing to employ his own worthless self. If he hired Jim Taylor and some other bozos but no Philbin, you gotta figure that as dense as he appears, he knows something that most of the rest of the league also knows.

We just hired Carl Windslow that was head coach in Detroit and Indianapolis to coach the QBs, I think we should bring Philbin and all his knowledge and his suelte long legs back to coach our RBs.

Some of the best years our RBs ever had were under Philbin, and just think what Drake could do with him as his RB coach.

The sky is the limit!!!

Troll.

Back
Top Bottom