Bring on blitz happy teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring on blitz happy teams

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Thats what the Cowboys like to do and we stomped them.

Maybe that is what this team matches up against.

In the NE game Ricky had is best run against an all out blitz and was one arm tackle away from busting it.

The only problem though is picking it up just long enough for Fiedler to get rid of the ball.

Not necessarily 4 seconds of pocket time, but about 2.5. That is plenty of time to find someone, and score on a big play.

Also, a screen to Ricky may be huge against Philly. In basketball they always say to press and team that likes to press you and it will give them fits.

So, lets screen a team to death that likes to do that to us.

Anyway, I am sure Norv and Dave are ready so my last words of advice to them and maybe people in Miami can pass it along. Try a Flea Flicker.

First play of the game. Everyone thinks Ricky is getting the ball up the middle. Maximum protection. Two tight ends. hand it to Ricky, flip back to Jay, Jay to Chambers. TD, we are on our way.

Also, surprise onside kick could be used effectively. Oh, and how about on kick off returns we try a reverse. A reverse where McKnight gets the ball on a reverse from Minor. No coach would expect that much creativity from the Dolphins.

As a matter of fact.

Houston-blitz
Tennessee-blitz
Indianapolis-zone blitz

New England- Jeff Fisher's description-"They're very creative, they test you, they're creative on both sides of the ball, but they don't repeat things," Fisher said. "One week they'll show you a 34 front, next week they'll go to a four-man line and they'll have a different blitz package for you each week, so they are very difficult to prepare for. Basically what you have to do is know what you're doing and then be able to adjust."

That sounds alot like Philly doesn't it?

I could make an argument that we only lose to blitzing teams.

but isn´t fiedler a good QB against the blitz, thats what i read somewhere, well the chances of big plays in the passing and running game will be there tonight, no doubt about it, if we can execute, than i think ricky and chambers both could have huge days

Originally posted by Al13
but isn´t fiedler a good QB against the blitz, thats what i read somewhere, well the chances of big plays in the passing and running game will be there tonight, no doubt about it, if we can execute, than i think ricky and chambers both could have huge days

The question is how good on one leg ???

well he must be healthy enough to run, otherwise griese would be starting tonight, btw this game tonight is in the same category as the oakland game last year imo, oakland was dominating on offense and had superbowl written all over them, philly is not as dominating on offense as oakland was , but they put up a lot of points on the board recently, so we beat oakland last year, i just hope for a repeat performance against another super bowl contender

We'll find out tonight what we're capable of against "blitzing" defenses. The Birdz blitz more than anyone....

The truth is that we've struggled against teams that utilize the blitz to perfection. The Pats swept us, and the Colts "new and improved" defense buried Griese and our offense.....

The Cowboys victory was nothing more than a "once a season" breakout game for the Phinz. Everything went our way, and the Cowboys didn't really show up. We'll be lucky to see another game this year where we dominate like that again....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

One difference between Dallas and Philly is at CB. While Dallas is young and/or weak out there, Philly has Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, and Lito Sheppard. They also have a high pick in Sheldon Brown. We know about Vincent firsthand. And Taylor is probably the biggest CB in the league. They can play bump-n-run and outphysical our WRs.

If they blitz, they stand a good chance of getting away with it because they can shutdown our WRs and get to the QB. And with Jay being one-legged this week, it's going to be even tougher. We've got to get Randy McMichael involved.

Oh, and lets not forget that the best safety in football resides in Philly (Brian Dawkins).

Muck has a good point. Our receivers are weak after Chambers and don't get open. Against a good secondary I expect them to disappear completely. They were ineffective against Baltimore and their an average secondary.

Back
Top Bottom