Brock Marion Is Crucial!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Marion Is Crucial!!!

Phinmaster1354

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I watched the MIAMI DOLPHINS YEARBOOK of the 60 SECOND MEN!! One thing became very evident to me! The re-signing of BROCK MARION is HUGE!! It just amazes me this STUD doesn't get more kudos as one of the best Free safeties in the league! The guy is a ballhawk and supports the run as well as any FS in the league while quarterbacking the NFL's BEST secondary!!5 picks and 3 forced fumbles proves this PLAYMAKERS worth in the NFL's best secondary!!Can you imagine if we lost WALKER and MARION??? BROCK is simply the MAN!!!

I agree Phinmaster. Brock Marion is the complete FS. You can imagine how upset I was when Rod Woodson made the Probowl instead of my man Brock. I rate the re-signing of Brock as the 3rd best offseason move by the 'Fins, with the aquisitions of Ricky and Norv 1 and 2 obviously. There is no doubt in my mind that this secondary wouldn't be as good if Brock were somewhere else. Just ask Peyton Manning how good Brock is.......

Brock has been the man at preventing the big play for the Phins D. As much as I liked Walker in 2000, there was no comparison between him and Brock in 2001. Freeman will be at least as good as Walker and Brock will provide us flexiblity when we need to bring a S up to key on the run.

Originally posted by BMarion31
I agree Phinmaster. Brock Marion is the complete FS. You can imagine how upset I was when Rod Woodson made the Probowl instead of my man Brock.

Rod Woodson's ProBowl was on reputation alone - he had a bad season. And that's not just me knocking an ex-Steeler for the sake of it. Rod was one of the best for a very long time but no way he's a ProBowler now. I haven't seen enough of Brock to know if he should have been there or not. I do know that the Steelers FS didn't deserve to be there though. :(

Just another example of why the Pro Bowl is a joke. It's a popularity contest. It has very little to do with performance.

Brock also is the quarterback of the secondary (recognizing certain formations, shifts) and helping young guys like greenwood
and fletcher know where to be at ,and what to do on certain occassions.

He is also a valuable return man sometimes gaining awesome feild advantage for the fins. Remember the first play of the season last year against the Titans ,he ran a kickoff back to around the 35. makes it nice for the offence when they step on the field and they're on the doorstep of Mare already.

last but not least when he picks one off it seems like he always gets at least 20 yd's and the other times he goes to the zone

BROCK RULES !!! DOLPHINS RULE !!!

Originally posted by BMarion31
I agree Phinmaster. Brock Marion is the complete FS. You can imagine how upset I was when Rod Woodson made the Probowl instead of my man Brock. I rate the re-signing of Brock as the 3rd best offseason move by the 'Fins, with the aquisitions of Ricky and Norv 1 and 2 obviously. There is no doubt in my mind that this secondary wouldn't be as good if Brock were somewhere else. Just ask Peyton Manning how good Brock is.......

BROCK OWNS THAT REDNECK FROM TENNESSEE!!!:lol:

i agree with the pro bowl comment...it is a popularity contest...how did sam madison and charles woodson get there when they were both injured and their numbers really sucked because of that...

I have said pretty much the same things concerning Brock for the last two years. I was kind of underwhelmed with his contribution the first couple years he was down here, but he has really come on and taken the leadership role of this unit the last two seasons.

I don't really like to see the constant contract haggles with him the last two offseasons, but this is just the nature of the business nowadays.

As much as I like and respect him, I hate to say it, but I really feel that this will most likely be his last year with the fins. They have not offered to re-sign him the last two off-seasons until pretty much the 11th hour. With impending cap issues the next couple years, the front office must eventually let some of the higher priced vets go, and replace them with considerably cheaper rookies and younger guys.

The only way I see him staying beyond this year is if he were to have just an out of this world, all-pro type season. Numbers like 8 ints, 3 or 4 fumble recoveries, a couple TD's on returns, a few sacks, stats like this.

It should be pretty obvious, that the FO has a certain comfort level with Brock, but they are always looking to get younger and cheaper, at the same time.

From what I heard, his contract was pretty reasonable. Does anyone know the cap hits due to his contract for the next few years?

he seems to be a real team player and would be sorely missed if he did leave next year...

Back
Top Bottom