Brock Marion's Having Some Off-the Field Problem Which Concerns Staff.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Marion's Having Some Off-the Field Problem Which Concerns Staff....

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello to ALL....

It appears that S BROCK MARION is having some car problems.... now that his stolen SUV has been found in a chop shop in New York.

Last February......MARION told DOlphins head of Security....STU WEINSTEIN---that his car was stolen from the Dolphins Training Complex....and a report was filed with the local Davie Police...along with MARION's own insurance company...

Well.....just as MARION thought he was getting reimbused for his stolen vehicle.... MARION's car was found in a chop shop in New York....

The problem for MARION....unfortunately....is that the employees who were rounded-up in this sting operation...at this chop-shop.....had apparantly told the authorites that they knew BROCK MARION personally....and that there was an "agreement and understanding" for his his vehicle being one of many....found in this sting operation.

Marion has denied these allegations and has stood by his claim that was made in February...

There has been no charges at all....as it appears that MARION just had to defend himself.....but this off-the-field incident is still being investigated....

MARION atttended the mini-camp practices.....but since it has ended.....he has not been able to attend any of the off-season...and rather "mandatory"....work-out schedules at training camp.....due to this situation.

The DOlphins brass is hoping that this case goes away real fast.....as MARION has seemingly taken a lot of time away from camp.....to try and get to the bottom of what happened with his stolen vehicle.

Like I said....its an off-the field problem for MARION....that hopefully is over with......but the DOlphins feel that its about time for MARION to come back and start working out with the team....

Wannstedt and MARION talked today about this whole situation....and apparantly MARION told the coach that everything would be ok....and that he is ready to start working out with the rest of the players at camp.....

Thats the basics of what I have heard about MARION....but the story leaked out to some reporters today..... probably more on this tommorrow or the next day....but lets hope there is nothing more to this.....
DCH

Thanks for the clear up, DCH. Wow, is there any chance of them letting him go? Like if Arturo plays very good at FS? I know Wanny said that the 2 best safeties will start.

Also, is there any news on LTs(like Page or Deese), WRs(like Crowell) or any thing else other than Griese;) ?

MY THOUGHTS.....

I really believe that MARION and KNIGHT will be lining up side by side when the season begins.... but I may add...that the Dolphins are most likely feeling that they would like to see ARTURO FREEMAN really develop and improve this season....so he can eventually replace MARion or if KNIGHT is moved to FS...then FREEMAN can obviously play SS.

No....I do not feel that MARION is going to be cut....they need his experience in the secondary....and the Dolphins are really counting on BROCK to squeeze out a very solid year this season. Really....the only way that MARION gets into trouble with his starting job....is if he just gets completely out-played....where he is having a horrendous pre-season....while FREEMAN and KNIGHT are just obviously the better starting choices.....but really....that is just not realistic.....MARION maybe past his best days with DALLAS.....but he still is pretty solid....and from where I sit....he should remain the starting FS...unless he starts resembling images in comparison with the likes of LAKERS Forward.....ROBERT HORRY. We all will know when its time for MARION to be replaced....just as PHIL JACKSON now knows that its time to say thanks but good-bye to the 5-time ring earner... MARION is now the old, wise pro for the DOLPHINS......but the DOlphins are hoping he has a lot more in the tank that HORRY gave the LAKERS.....its a good analogy......and MARION will really be evaluated just the same after this season....particularly if FREEMAN's play improves. Put it this way......most people would be surprised if MARION is beat out.... I think WANNSTEDT already has the MARION-KNIGHT tandem in his head right now.....

I also see JAMAR FLETCHER's time in the lineup....starting to really take a turn further down the depth chart.... T-BUCK is going to be the nickel back....you can take that to the bank....and FREEMAN will play in a lot of packages (dime).....and that is a pretty darn good secondary..... this will leave FLETCHER on the outside looking in....for the most part.

The Dolphins bring in SAMMY KNIGHT....and they want more TURNOVERS....and they want SAMMY to hit somebody legally.....hard as well. He brings the secondary a physical style.....a fantastic signing...and he is going to start.....FREEMAN's probably not going to be happy....something to watch...but KNIGHT was brought in here to add some physicality....and he was brought in here to start....

As for JUNE 1st......it is obvious that BRIAN GRIESE will be offered a 1 year deal...and he will start the media's daily dose of FIEDLER vs. GRIESE....but its a no-brainer for the Dolphins....forget about whats going to happen with the media and fans....look at it as the wisest business decision this football team can make as far as who could they bring in as the #2 QB. Is there anyone out there who anyone out there would want over BRIAN GRIESE backing up JAY this season? His last name just happens to be GRIESE...thats all.....but thats the card that we....thankfully....were dealt. The Broncos made the decision very easy for the Dolphins....when they told the world...that he is going to be released on JUNE 1st....a very late stage when teams already have there starting QB penciled in for the most part.... that does not leave much teams right now...and now...it appears that BRIAN will play here for at least this season...and see what happens....

Other than that....I see the Dolphins still signing another reciever....GADSDEN is still welcome back....CROWELL they will pass on....and they want to see if they can get this kid in the arena football league...who is the leagues #1 reciever....the name has escaped me.....

The Dolphins will also monitor the waiver wire for veteran OL help.... I think that the Dolphins really liked what they saw in mini-camp with some of the young guys.....so really.....they are not so pressed right now...

RICHMOND WEBB....if he would have been more agressive earlier on with the DOlphins...and called that he really wanted to come in and sign for a minimum contract.....I think the Dolphins would have signed him before the draft......the problem is that WEBB thought he can wait and wait...and then maybe somebody will offer him a chance to start....maybe some team has an injury at LT...and needs WEBB.... WEBB is still out there....and still says that he wants to end his career with the DOLPHINS..... but it appears that he is waiting for the DOlphins to call him.....and now....only an injury to one of our LT's.....maybe the only way that WEBB does get signed now. The Dolphins like GREG JERMAN's progress...and really see WADE SMITH as a guy with some tremendous athleticism and upside... WEBB is probably off the infamous radar screen in SPIELMANS office...for now.

I just see GRIESE coming and DERRICK ROGERS going...thats going to happen on or after JUNE 1st.... the draft picks have to get signed...and then we can see what is left from there.
DCH

Thanks for the info DCH. I wouldn't mind seeing Marion replaced myself, I think he was out of position on a few deep passes last season. I'd also like to see at least Webb getting signed, if nothing else the former pro-bowler could maybe teach the younguns a few things. I really don't see the need for another WR, unless he's clearly going to replace McKnight as the other starter.

so what is the point ? he is a millionaire, buy a new car for god sakes....:eek:

Originally posted by Al13
so what is the point ? he is a millionaire, buy a new car for god sakes....:eek:

Pretty strange story. They make it sound like Brock new these guys and made a deal with them to steal his car. Why? He needs the insurance money? That doesn't sound feasible with the kind of money he makes. If he wanted to get rid of the car all he had to do was advertise it. I'm positive some Phin fan would love to drive around touting the fact that it used to be Brock Marion's car.

DCH,
You said that if our two starting safeties were Knight and Freeman, that Freeman would play SS? Why would we play a strong safety at free and a free safety at strong. It just makes no sense.

Good work though. I hope Marion gets all of this crap straightened out soon.

thanks DCH for 2 great posts

:hail: DCH

I really hope we do not bring in OG at this point since I like our top 3 guys better than him and doubt he will be made the #4 WR. Chris Jackson is the AFL guy they like BTW http://www.laavengers.com/2003roster_CJackson.php

As for Brock - Horry is nice comparion, except that you can use size more as a PF than a FS :poke: I still feel that Freeman is betta off being a FS and Knight a hard hitting, run supporting SS. I know we split our S a lot so that there is not much of a differentiator. The Brock-Freeman competition s/b more interesting IMO than the Knight-Freeman, but not sure the coaches feel that way. I wonder if starting Freeman will be a problem in that he will be a UFA next year :peace:

IMO brock is still an outstanding player and i think he did verywell last year and will do just the same if not better this year...WEBB sounds nice as does Jackson but personally i would still bring gadsden back...he was and possibly still could be fiedlers favorite target. Let me know what u think

I'd feel more comfortable with Brock back there..

How old is he now?

I dont know about you all... but for me.. I love reading DCH's posts.. I may not like what he has to post.. but I love the fact thats its the straight scoop..

With regards to Freeman.. look at the positives... Marion and Knight will be our FS and SS, but Freeman will get a year to learn how to be physical and how to hit..

One more year of schooling for Freeman is nothing but benificial to him..

Originally posted by Jeep
I dont know about you all... but for me.. I love reading DCH's posts.. I may not like what he has to post.. but I love the fact thats its the straight scoop..

With regards to Freeman.. look at the positives... Marion and Knight will be our FS and SS, but Freeman will get a year to learn how to be physical and how to hit..

One more year of schooling for Freeman is nothing but benificial to him..

...also gives Freeman some time to bulk up physically.

I wish we would sign Richmond Webb, he is a good addition for depth, I think we have enough room to sign Griese and Rookies and then with the money we get from releasing Rodgers, we could sign Richmond Webb.

I really like Marion, so that concerns me....But I see it as a joke if its true....the guy has money and I dont think he's stupid enough to get involved in something petty like that.

Back
Top Bottom