Brock Osweiler Passing Chart | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Osweiler Passing Chart

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
That felt weird to type, but we're Dolphins fans, the weird should be expected by now. Any way, there's a lot to chew on here for the QB presumably of the foreseeable future for our Phins.

Air yards, snap to pressure time, YAC average, third down rate, all the fun advanced metrics you likely enjoy if you enjoy reading my work.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/brock-osweiler-week-6-passing-chart/

Very similar scheme to what Tom Brady runs...I wouldn’t say it’s just for backups.

I just think maybe Osweiler fits the scheme better than Ryan.

Thanks for posting, your website is my primary source of info! I would recommend that you change the passing chart graphic as the field is small and the passes behind the LOS blend in with the letters in the end zone. Overall it's very difficult to process and see all that's going on.

That chart was illuminating. Very interesting how the 3rd/4th down throws were the passes down the field and the short throws are on early downs. Quite the opposite of what we have been seeing this season.

One thing I noticed there was how good the O-line played all day. Picking up stunts which they didn't do well against the Bengals but they were much better this week.

Looked similar to Tanny's charts for Weeks 1-3. It's almost like Gase's system can work when the QB gets good offensive line play (and not playing in NE).

I agree about the Oline, it was refreshing having the pre-snap recognition and adjustments. The Oline played great.

Very similar scheme to what Tom Brady runs...I wouldn’t say it’s just for backups.

I just think maybe Osweiler fits the scheme better than Ryan.

Well of course you wouldn't. I'd really love for you or anyone else that is attempting to downplay the talent of RT to show me on that chart where it shows that this wasn't a very conservative approach to keep BO from being his own worst enemy and throwing 47 picks.

Look I am all for whoever helps us win games, regardless of the name on the jersey. If BO is the guy then give me more of him. I just don't understand the need to try to turn every single thing in to some faux "proof" that BO is better. He isn't, just the way it is. four teams in 2 years and nobody else wanted him....for a reason. I too would love to find a diamond in the rough feel good success story....but he ain't it! I'm rooting for him when he's behind center though that's for sure.

Biggest thing to me was reading 0/6 with 2 INTS on contested throws.

That’s no bueno.

Another thing to keep in mind is the reduction in penalties putting us in 3rd and long consistently. That paired with the overall success of how the line played was the biggest thing that allowed us to move the ball.

Biggest thing to me was reading 0/6 with 2 INTS on contested throws.

That’s no bueno.

Another thing to keep in mind is the reduction in penalties putting us in 3rd and long consistently. That paired with the overall success of how the line played was the biggest thing that allowed us to move the ball.

Be careful. People will call that o line stuff a crutch.

only 6 contested throws wow, Brock truly understands this offense and can read defenses. Stats for this game offensively was historical.

Back
Top Bottom