Brodie Croyle wins annual College Football All-Stars Challenge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brodie Croyle wins annual College Football All-Stars Challenge

fiedlerfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Throwin’ the bomb

Alabama quarterback Brodie Croyle competed in the quarterback long distance contest at the ninth annual College Football All-Stars Challenge at Dolphins Stadium on Monday in Miami. Croyle won with a throw of 68 yards. He beat out Vince Young of Texas, Drew Olson of UCLA and Charlie Whitehurst of Clemson in the ESPN made-for-TV event. Look for it on ESPN on Saturday at 3 p.m.

fiedlerfan said:
Throwin’ the bomb

Alabama quarterback Brodie Croyle competed in the quarterback long distance contest at the ninth annual College Football All-Stars Challenge at Dolphins Stadium on Monday in Miami. Croyle won with a throw of 68 yards. He beat out Vince Young of Texas, Drew Olson of UCLA and Charlie Whitehurst of Clemson in the ESPN made-for-TV event. Look for it on ESPN on Saturday at 3 p.m.

thanks for the heads up... but just to warn you now, this is going to get moved to the "draft forum"...

Do you know how far the other guys threw?

fiedlerfan said:
Throwin’ the bomb

oh btw... you REALLY need to change your username... :sidelol:

fiedlerfan said:
Throwin’ the bomb

if you seen it was it a duck or was it a good pass

68 yards...is that long or short? I think Manning could probably send that thing 80 yards if accuracy didn't come into play. I'll watch that though.

FinNasty said:
oh btw... you REALLY need to change your username... :sidelol:

Did you ever stop to think that maybe I was a fan of the person and not just the player? Just maybe he did something for me off the field that I am very grateful for.:fire:

fiedlerfan said:
Did you ever stop to think that maybe I was a fan of the person and not just the player? Just maybe he did something for me off the field that I am very grateful for.:fire:

Dude, I am sure he was just kiddin.

Although I don't agree with it, Jay does not get half the respect he deserves around here ESPECIALLY for the person he is.

fiedlerfan said:

DOWN BOY! :whip:

relax bro... it was just a joke... :tongue:

fiedlerfan said:
Throwin’ the bomb

I haven't played organized football in several years (about 6 to be exact) but I can still throw it at least that far. Not that distance really matters much. Accuracy is what's most important.

Vince Young of Texas, Drew Olson of UCLA and Charlie Whitehurst

thats gotta be the easiest compitetion croyle ever won. 2 guys that dont have big arms, and a guy whos arm is coming off injury.

I guess the Dolphins got a good look at Olson and like what they saw. Maybe a mid round draft pick of ours. I watch him play this year, hes got talent. I think Croyle's draft stock is rising fast with this and the senior bowl, might be hard to land him. GO FINS!!!!

Nappy's got this one right on the head. For reference, that throw would have beaten a number of the QBs at the lats EA Sports QB Challenge, including Ben Roethlisberger, Drew Brees, Joey Harrington, and Matt Hasselbeck...but it would not have come close to winning the competition. Delhomme got I believe 72 yards or something and I think Byron Leftwich won the competition with like 75 yards. Carson Palmer would have beaten both of them except he couldn't throw the ball to where it would land within the 10 yard width that was marked off. Boomer says Carson could probably throw about 80 yards if he could just get the ball to land right. He may have been right.

Drew Brees showed up with a surprising 65 yard throw...beating Roethlisberger and Harrington I believe. Actually I believe Hasselbeck's pass got marked off as 68 yards on the dot so Croyle may not have beaten him, don't know.

I think that if Whitehurst was 100% he could have given Croyle a run for his money. And if SCall13 here can really toss it 68 yards right now (ie. longer than most pro QBs can toss it), he must have been one strong-armed QB when he played.

I cant remember last year..

The only image I have of last years event was this..

marisa_miller_2-1.jpg

Jnaledu3 said:
I cant remember last year..

The only image I have of last years event was this..

marisa_miller_2-1.jpg

i remember it, aaron rodgers destroyed the rest of the competition easily, easily throwing over 70 yards and in between the markers. BTW, great picture! she was something you cant forget thats for sure.

Back
Top Bottom