Brodie Croyle wins annual College Football All-Stars Challenge | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brodie Croyle wins annual College Football All-Stars Challenge

Are you sure Rodgers hit over 70 yards? That would be quite an accomplishment, even for an established NFL veteran.

ckparrothead said:
Are you sure Rodgers hit over 70 yards? That would be quite an accomplishment, even for an established NFL veteran.

i have a bad memory, but thats what i remember, so no im not sure, but i believe so.

HysterikiLL said:
68 yards...is that long or short? I think Manning could probably send that thing 80 yards if accuracy didn't come into play. I'll watch that though.
Only in his dreams. Anything over 60 yds is impressive. I remember Marino in the QB challenge (late 80's) threw about 63yds.However, Distance isn't what matters. It's velocity. It is extremely rare for a QB to throw a pass more than 40yds downfield. Most long plays involve YAC.

fiedlerfan said:
Did you ever stop to think that maybe I was a fan of the person and not just the player? Just maybe he did something for me off the field that I am very grateful for.:fire:

As mediocre a QB he was he is a great guy

When my grandfather was dieing in the hospital we got Jay to autograph a football with a dolphins logo on it

It reads

'To Gary, all the dolphins are praying for you' Jay Fiedler

He's an awsome guy really just not a pro bowl QB

I hear Damon Huard was an awesome guy off the field too. My buddy went to a game and saw players rolling up in their fancy cars and stuff, and Huard rolled up in like a 96 Corolla.

I remember last year's competition pretty well. Rodgers won it, partly because none of the other QB's could keep it in bounds. I'm pretty sure it was a 65 yd throw that won it.

His approach was interesting, he only took like 1-2 steps to wind up and then released it. Almost nonchalant. He also threw one like 70 yds, but it was out of bounds.

David Greene, surprisingly, threw it 70+ yds too, but it was out of bounds as well. But he put his entire body into it, gave it everything he had.

I think Kyle Orton threw it 65+ yds, but he couldn't keep it in bounds either.

Jason White struggled to throw it 50 yds, pretty embarrasing.

I think the NFL qb challenge is in Hawaii anybody know? I remember the last time i saw one (Palmer,Leftwich,Mckown,Brunell, Green might have been last years) the wind was pretty strong and the qbs were throwing against them.

LIQUID24 said:
Rodgers did. He got an incredible score, I think he set a record. Hit like 3-4 bullseyes if I'm not mistaken.
GB may have their replacement afterall.....

fiedlerfan said:
Throwin’ the bomb

Alabama quarterback Brodie Croyle competed in the quarterback long distance contest at the ninth annual College Football All-Stars Challenge at Dolphins Stadium on Monday in Miami. Croyle won with a throw of 68 yards. He beat out Vince Young of Texas, Drew Olson of UCLA and Charlie Whitehurst of Clemson in the ESPN made-for-TV event. Look for it on ESPN on Saturday at 3 p.m.

It's suppose to be on at 4pm....not 3pm....and do you have a link or a valid article that this is based upon?

The nationally televised event will be taped Monday, January 30th, in Dolphins Stadium and will begin at 1:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.

The taped event will air on ESPN on Saturday, February 4.

I'll be watching. I would like to see how far Whitehurst managed to throw it with his shoulder still recovering from surgery. I also would find it interesting to see how far Young managed to throw it.

ckparrothead said:
I'll be watching. I would like to see how far Whitehurst managed to throw it with his shoulder still recovering from surgery. I also would find it interesting to see how far Young managed to throw it.

Me too!! It should fun...making them do things their not use to doing...is a decent way of finding out more about them.

Should give us a good idea of their accuracy as passers too, since accuracy can't be accurately broken down into a simple percentage. For instance, Whitehurst's accuracy percentage at Clemson is inflated this season by the sheer number of bubble screens and flat passes that they call.

Back
Top Bottom