Bromell maybe coming back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bromell maybe coming back

Originally posted by dolphan39
I do not see this happening for 3 reasons
  1. he make too much $ for our cap
  2. we still have Burnett and J Williams as vet backups
  3. D Bo is not out for the year
    [/list=1]

1. Regarding item #1, we really don't know if when he is cut whether his contract demands would be too much for our cap.
    It depends on what he wants. Since he is a vested veteran when he gets cut, his contract in Minn terminates, the remaining signing bonus accelerates to this season, and he is free to negociate a new contract with whomever he chooses. Nothing to do with the deal he signed w/Minn will carry over to the new team, unless he were traded.
    I'm no expert, but that is how I understand it anyway.

I hope we do get him back. He may be a little undisciplined, but he is a tireless hustler, and brings a great deal of intensity and fire to the D when he is in the game, IMO. Who can forget the hit he laid on Manning a couple of years ago vs. Indy? not sure if he drew a flag on the play, but Peyton was not the same the rest of that game and we ended up winning partially b/c of it. I don't really think we got 4 reserve DL that are more talented than he is, I like how he can swing from end to tackle if need be and you can never have enough good D-lineman.

One irony I noticed when he and Mixon were drafted and the time they spend in Miami, coming out of college Mixon was considered the better pass rusher and Bromell the better run stuffer...then with the Phins, they were just the opposite.

Originally posted by Samphin
Hmmmm MY biggest memory of Brommell is him cracking open Peyton Manning's jaw and getting a penalty for it. However, it took Peyton out of the game for a few plays and I believe in the time he was gone we got an int to seal the win in that game.

It was Mark Rypien :lol: who came in.....and fumbled the away the handoff on his first snap. :)

That was the same game where Madison made that awesome INT on Marvin Harrison and seperated that shoulder.

Bromell is bad ***...but funny too...remeber how mad he would get ? :rofl:

We got a flag on the play. But it was because Bromell slammed Peyton into the ground after he and Mixon(?) met at the QB. He got finded for the hit. But it was unjust IMO, because Bromell didn't lower his head. Manning's throwing motion brought his jaw out.

Originally posted by Muck

It was Mark Rypien :lol: who came in.....and fumbled the away the handoff on his first snap. :)

That was the same game where Madison made that awesome INT on Marvin Harrison and seperated that shoulder.

Fabolous knowledge Muck! :lol: I knew it was something screwy that happened as a direct (or indirect, I don't have time to argue this point) result of Lorenzo introducing his helmet to Manning's chinstrap.

If I remember correctly (which I obviously don't) Manning was back in the gae after the gaffe by Mark Redskin. It was almost like the Colts were saying, "awww crap Rypien sucks, Peyton, you have to go back in. I don't care if your face is broken, we have no chance without you!" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom