Bromell signs with Vikings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bromell signs with Vikings

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
KFFL says it's 5 years and $11 million. Could reach $15 million with incentives.

Thoughts??

wanted him back...........one less position to worry about. We only have 5 draft picks.

Good. I am really happy that he is gone. :) I hope they have fun with all those 15 yard penalties they will be getting.

I say we sign sinclair for the vet min...and we do have David Bowens who in my opinion is a Great pass rusher...Besides Bromell isnt worth 15 million, he's not even a starter...Just comes in on passing down so....Goood Ridden...we can get someone like sinclair who although older, is a better player and might fit in nicely with us....

to much for a backup. Bring Sinclair down to south beach.

NOT EVEN IN THE SAME BALL-PARK....

I told you guys what Bromell was asking for....tons of money.....and how he got it....I really don't know. The Vikings have completely overpaid and the DOlphins must say good riddance. There was never a doubt.....they knew that he was gone...they knew that somebody was going to over-pay. The Dolphins were never going to pay LOBRO 2 million per season...they did not even want to pay him more than 1 million per sesaon...for that matter. It wasn't even close.

Now.....I think they will look at both BURNETT and SINCLAIR....after the draft.....but I think there will be other names mentioned in the upcoming week.

From what I am hearing.....ANDRE WADSWORTH will be conducting a private workout for many scouts....including the DOlphins....somtime before the draft. The Dolphins would be interested in WADSWORTH....if he can pass all his physicals....and then get assurances that he can play right now...without any problems...
DCH

Question is just like it was last year. How the heck do we fix the DE spot to take the pressure off of J.T. Burnett/Sinclair are not the answers. The draft doesn't have any answers as it's a weak year for DE's. I have a feeling our line is going to be a real problem this year :mad:

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Good. I am really happy that he is gone. :) I hope they have fun with all those 15 yard penalties they will be getting.

And I'm sure they'll have fun with all the QBs he's going to knock out.

One thing Bro can do is get to the QB, both inside and outside. I can't understand why you're glad he's gone. He made a lot of plays. It's not like we're losing Robert Jones. And it's not like we've upgraded the position (pass rusher) either.

Me too Van. I think we might have problems rushing the passer. All we have is Taylor and David Bowens. That's it. Nobody else can get to the QB. And without Bro, nobody inside is gonna get there either. Ogunleye had better step up and help.

And now it's almost a given that Gardener will move outside.

On the bright side, we're going to be very good up front against the run.

I wholeheartedly agree that the Vikings overpaid LoBro in a big way but I also agree that this lack of depth at DE could be the 'Fins biggest problem going into the season. If they don't shore up the DE issue this could be their Achilleas heel. Hopefully someone will come in and step up their game so JT can do his magic over on the left. Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens in the next couple of months. :eek:

we are not in bad shape at de...between d. bowens,oguneleye,gardener and whoever we sign...wadsworth is an intriguing possibility... i think we have more of a depth problem at linebacker than de...we have nobody behind our starters...i really hope we get a veteran lb...

Originally posted by jd13
we are not in bad shape at de...between d. bowens,oguneleye,gardener and whoever we sign...wadsworth is an intriguing possibility... i think we have more of a depth problem at linebacker than de...we have nobody behind our starters...i really hope we get a veteran lb...

We are by far in really bad shape at DE now. At LB we are fine for starters but lacking depth. Now we are lacking a starter and a reasonable passing down DE. This forces our hand to have Gardener play DE. However what happens if the Chester signing bombs? Or if Gardener reinjures himself. This is all decently possible and counting on some old over the hill veteran to sign cheaply and an unproven and quite raw David Bowens is a HUGE problem.

Not so long ago we had Taylor/Armstrong/Owens/Bromell/Mixon. Now we got Taylor and absolutely notta.

Wanny better take this seriously and find us at least one suitable DE and draft a DE either at the 3rd or 4th pick now.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
Question is just like it was last year. How the heck do we fix the DE spot to take the pressure off of J.T. Burnett/Sinclair are not the answers. The draft doesn't have any answers as it's a weak year for DE's. I have a feeling our line is going to be a real problem this year :mad:
I agree with you at some level, but right now the starters are Daryl, Chester, Tim Bo and JT. So that should fix the run D. For passing, we are in the same boat as last year, except that D Bo has looked as good as Lo Bro if not better and oguneleye and a vet. can help out. We should be OK this year on D as long as we stop the run - we have the #1 pass D (though that was partly due to not stopping the run :( )

Back
Top Bottom