Bromell signs with Vikings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bromell signs with Vikings

also,

I guess the Vikes think that the reason that the Pats won the SB last year was that they sign soo many of our FAs and castoffs so they are following suit:

Vikings | Goodwin Update - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:27 PT: Updating earlier reports, the Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings continue to negotiate with free agent TE Hunter Goodwin (Miami). The team would like to resolve the situation by the end of the week

Re: also,

Originally posted by dolphan39
I guess the Vikes think that the reason that the Pats won the SB last year was that they sign soo many of our FAs and castoffs so they are following suit:

Vikings | Goodwin Update - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
21:27 PT: Updating earlier reports, the Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings continue to negotiate with free agent TE Hunter Goodwin (Miami). The team would like to resolve the situation by the end of the week

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont know what the fuss is about. I see a potentially dominant front four for years to come. But maybe Im being a little naive! I see DG being great on the end, I know hes quicker than Reggie White was at the end of his career, and Reg was very effective coming off the edge. I know theres no substitute for speed, but the way I remember it, "The fastest way from one point to the other is a straight line"! In other words, to hell with getting around the Tackle/TE, DG is going through a MOFO! You cant argue with the potential run stuffing ability of this current group(DG,TimBo,LChes,J.T.) Then the 3rd down package of (DBo,DG,TimBo,J.T.) and the ability of our secondary to blanket the field bodes well for the Fins! Now depth is important, but the best 4 will be on the field at all times, and our best 4 is great!

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
But maybe Im being a little naive! I see DG being great on the end, I know hes quicker than Reggie White was at the end of his career, and Reg was very effective coming off the edge.
I agree with your statement, but comparing DG to maybe the best DE in recent history is ridiculous. DG has proved nothing as a DE and will need to do so if he is play there as our starter.

I am no where sold on David Bowens. Sure he showed some flashes that people were not expecting, but to me this guy won't be any better then the 3rd DE spot.

The simple fact remains that last year we were poor rushing the passer and now we are even worse off. Hopefully someone good comes available in the June cuts that Wanny will sign.

No doubt there is a question...

at the one defensive end spot, especially if Gardener can't make the transition...

but just asking...

what in the world are the Vikings thinking?

Signing Mixon and Bromell to starter's money...yikes...
talk about overpaying for crap...
heck why not sign Matt Turk for 4 million a year while there at it.

The Vikes did indeed overspend for our 2 DEs, but if Kenny Mixon stops thinkin he can rush the passer, gets his old weight/frame back, they have a great DE at stopping the run, and that is something they DESPERATELY need. Do you pay that much for a run stopping DE? Depends on the emphasis you place on it. Chicago spent big on run stoppers at DE, Minny may be doing the same.

As for LoBro, they are obviously paying for potential, and with Bromell, the potential is emmence. He has the 'ability' to be a 10 sack guy year in year out, whether or not he realizes that potential is up to how hard he works at it. He wasone of my favorite Phins, and 15 yds is worth a broken jaw to Peyton Manning in my book!!!! that hit helped clinch the game!

Originally posted by dolphan39
I agree with your statement, but comparing DG to maybe the best DE in recent history is ridiculous. DG has proved nothing as a DE and will need to do so if he is play there as our starter.

Im comparing speed, not accomplishments! So its not at all ridiculous to think DG will be very productive on the end! The proof will be in the play! (Hopefully:p ) And remember I told you so!:cool:

Re: No doubt there is a question...

Originally posted by RHoffman
at the one defensive end spot, especially if Gardener can't make the transition...

but just asking...

what in the world are the Vikings thinking?

Signing Mixon and Bromell to starter's money...yikes...
talk about overpaying for crap...
heck why not sign Matt Turk for 4 million a year while there at it.

I'm not so sure that those guys are "crap" but I totally agree that the Vikes overpaid something fierce for both players. Then again, they needed someone to man the ends and it's not like the UFA market or the draft is full of great or potentially great DE's. I guess the Vikes figured if they didn't overpay either one, or perhaps both of those guys would likely be sticking with the 'Fins since they'd be playing for a better team in a better area. I guess we'll all see how it works out in a couple of months.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I wouldn't give either of them over 1 million a year.
I wouldn't give either of them more than the vet. min. :D

Back
Top Bottom