Broncos Say I Told You So?!?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broncos Say I Told You So?!?!

PhinKev

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
From Peter King's column:

I can tell you there are a lot of people inside the Broncos headquarters who, upon hearing that Brian Griese is out with a sprained toe, had this response, "I told you so." I'm not saying this is what I think; I'm saying that's how football people think. At the end of his tenure in Denver, the Broncos -- some of them anyway -- didn't think Griese was tough enough.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/writers/peter_king/08/25/mmqb/index.html

I think it's crap. It's not like he is faking it.

Yeah, toughness has everything to do with tearing a ligament in your foot. Especially when everybody else is getting hurt on that dirt too.

And after watcing Monday night's game, I think the rest of the league was saying "I told ya so". Gotta love when the new $40 million QB gets booed on his first drive. :D

Originally posted by Muck
Yeah, toughness has everything to do with tearing a ligament in your foot. Especially when everybody else is getting hurt on that dirt too.

And after watcing Monday night's game, I think the rest of the league was saying "I told ya so". Gotta love when the new $40 million QB gets booed on his first drive. :D

Plummers sure are expensive in Denver.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jake Plummer in his last pre-season game played impresive if anything. He is going to do great in Denver, a lot better than Brian ever did there.

I have to admit that I was laughing at Denver when they sign Plummer to replace Griese but Plummer last game was impressive.

Nothing worse than having one of the worst franchises in the NFL (Arizona) being able to tell Mike Shanahan.. "I told you so".. :lol:
Is Shanahan a genius??

Originally posted by juniorseau55
Jake Plummer in his last pre-season game played impresive if anything. He is going to do great in Denver, a lot better than Brian ever did there.

Did he not go to the Probowl with somewhat like a 20 TD & 4 INT season.

That was pretty good at the time...

Plummer coulda been picked off at least 3 times the other night. He has no accuracy and although he may be a better fit in Denver than BG was, I still don't think he's their answer. We'll have to wait til the end of the season to see.

In six years Jake Plummer only had one in which he threw more touchdowns than interceptions. Now based on one pre season outing, you are saying that he will do better than Brian Griese, who went to the pro bowl?:confused:

Originally posted by BassFin
Plummer coulda been picked off at least 3 times the other night. He has no accuracy and although he may be a better fit in Denver than BG was, I still don't think he's their answer. We'll have to wait til the end of the season to see.

Yeah but you can say samething about every QB..Overall his last game was impressive but who knows which Plummer will show up at the opener.

I'm just happy that we have an accurate passer starting and another one backing him up. They both have more career TDs than INTs too. Can't say the same about Plummer. I loved the guy coming out of college. He just makes bad decisions. And you can have all the weapons in the world, but if you try and force plays and turn the ball over, you won't be successful.

Hmmm...Plummers better in Denver than Griese is in Miami....Washington is better in NE than Junior is in Miami...snif....snif....I think I smell a wolf in Phins clothing!!!

Sure Plummer is better in Denver than Griese is in Miami...he will be the starter and Griese our backup !

Washington will have a bigger role in NE than Seau in Miami too.

But it just shows that we didn't have to do a major upgrade at these position than most of the teams have. We went for depth when they had voids to fill.

Does these moves make the Broncos, Pats and Fins better ? We'll see in the upcoming season.

What did Plummer do in the last preseason game? All I remember was a long *** bomb he through because I think a rookie corner stopped for some reason. Was the biggest roll out to the right I've ever seen ;\.

Other then that I saw a few times he could have been picked off. Only thing impressive out of Denver was Portis. Shannahan also said if they didn't play well they'd play more into the 3rd, which they did. That's how I remember it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom