Broncos trade Clady to Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Broncos trade Clady to Jets

circumstances

Parge Lenis
Club Member
Reaction score
Ryan Clady and a seventh for Jets 5th round pick
What am I missing. Does that sound like a Jets steal?

Ryan Clady and a seventh for Jets 5th round pick
What am I missing. Does that sound like a Jets steal?

Clady is always injured. On this site, where there are constant criticisms of Branden Albert for his injury history (which have been mostly minor) it is amusing to refer to a trade for Clady as a steal. He is always injured and became expendable.
Clady has been unreliable the past several seasons. The Jets better have a contingency plan.

Clady is always injured. On this site, where there are constant criticisms of Branden Albert for his injury history (which have been mostly minor) it is amusing to refer to a trade for Clady as a steal. He is always injured and became expendable.
Clady has been unreliable the past several seasons. The Jets better have a contingency plan.

Minor? Albert has played a full season once in his entire career, and that was 5 years ago. Clady has only failed to play an entire season once after a torn ACL. He started every game the following year. Not sure I understand the comparison.

Edit: sorry, 2 seasons missed because of injury, the first being Lisfranc, which he recovered from, then the ACL in 2015. Still far more durable than Albert.

Minor? Albert has played a full season once in his entire career, and that was 5 years ago. Clady has only failed to play an entire season once after a torn ACL. He started every game the following year. Not sure I understand the comparison.

Edit: sorry, 2 seasons missed because of injury, the first being Lisfranc, which he recovered from, then the ACL in 2015. Still far more durable than Albert.

Had the Phins made this deal you would be highly critical. Albert's injury history with the Chiefs in 5 yrs were mostly strains and sprains (groin, back, ankle) causing him to miss a few games at a time. Last season (with the Phins) was his first serious injury. Those types of injuries are common in the NFL.
Clady has had 2 serious injuries and has played very little since 2013.

Had the Phins made this deal you would be highly critical. Albert's injury history with the Chiefs in 5 yrs were mostly strains and sprains (groin, back, ankle) causing him to miss a few games at a time. Last season (with the Phins) was his first serious injury. Those types of injuries are common in the NFL.
Clady has had 2 serious injuries and has played very little since 2013.

I would have been critical, but not because of injuries. Tying up over $20 million and two roster spots on one position would be ludicrous. The way to deal with Albert is to draft and groom an eventual replacement, if we don't already have one in Turner. And you can count on said replacement getting playing time at some point in the season. Now would I take Clady over Albert straight up? Abso-****ing-lutely. Easiest decision ever.

Clady played very little since 2013? You mean besides the Pro Bowl season in 2014 in which he started every game of the season, which is something Albert has done ONCE in his entire career?

Albert's constant injuries are the definition of injury prone. The guy gets more injuries in one season than Clady has had in his career.

Regardless of how the deal would have worked for the Dolphins, the point is that the rest of the AFCE keeps improving. We do not. And we cannot possibly get everything we need from the draft.

Regardless of how the deal would have worked for the Dolphins, the point is that the rest of the AFCE keeps improving. We do not. And we cannot possibly get everything we need from the draft.

Yep. There's nothing good about this move for the Dolphins. The jets solve their OL need within DAYS, something the Phins can't do in YEARS.

Yep. There's nothing good about this move for the Dolphins. The jets solve their OL need within DAYS, something the Phins can't do in YEARS.

Well what do you expect? We have their old ****-up and they have a real GM. The irony is that Maccagnan created Itzdick because he refused to interview originally with T/Bum still in the building as a demoted capologist- which is what Woody had in mind for him. So TBum screwed the jets twice before clueless Ross went dumpster diving so he could **** us over.

Back
Top Bottom