Brooks gets Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year over JT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brooks gets Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year over JT

Not the last two, the last one game. Jason Taylor suddenly disappeared in the Patriots game probably when we needed him most. That, apparently, sticks in the voters' minds more than his stellar performance throughout the year. That and its not so good to keep heaping accolade upon accolade onto a team that didn't even make the playoffs. I swear we're the best non-playoff team in a decade.

That is total crap, but I'm sure the fact that Miami didn't make the playoffs factored into the voting heavily. It sucks, but it's just the way this crap goes.

JT also disapeared vs da Bills!

Brooks was by-far the best defensive player in the NFL this year.

If anybody deserved it more than JT it was Brooks.....

.Hell, the man scored more TD's than Chambers!!

JT was double-teamed on just about every down ag. the Pats and he was hurt - it was the other DLmen that disappeared

Brooks plays alongside Sapp, Rice, Ronde Barber, John Lynch, and Brian Kelly to name a few. All of these guys do a lot, and all get sacks or picks (maybe not Lynch as much as the rest). Sapp only had around 8 sacks but he is still a good but overrated player. Taylor had 18.5 sacks facing double teams all the time and beating them. Did they forget that our D was still third. We have very good defensive talent, but Taylor just did more then Brooks. This award is a joke, Taylor would have gotten 40 votes if we made the playoffs.

I was resigned to the fact that Ricky wouldn't get the MVP nor McMicheal Rookie of the year. I was also dealing with Dave Wannstedt not getting coach of the year...:lol:. But Jason Taylor deserved this award and I think it is crap that he didn't get it. Oh well, I guess it is just time for him to prove everyone wrong next year and DOMINATE even further.

Originally posted by dolphan39
JT was double-teamed on just about every down ag. the Pats and he was hurt - it was the other DLmen that disappeared

Not only double teamed but the announcers were laughing about the double team and still having to have a RB chip him. What upset me about that game is that the rest of the line didn't benefit from all the attention J.T took away from them.

I don't think anyone deserved anything. We had an 1800 yard rusher, and 5 pro bowlers. No Playoffs.

This team deserves a long off-season to re-asses thier ability to play the sport. ALL OF EM.

87......I think you would be a good locker room presense next season...........can you long snap?:lol:

Originally posted by Samphin
I was resigned to the fact that Ricky wouldn't get the MVP nor McMicheal Rookie of the year. I was also dealing with Dave Wannstedt not getting coach of the year...:lol:. But Jason Taylor deserved this award and I think it is crap that he didn't get it. Oh well, I guess it is just time for him to prove everyone wrong next year and DOMINATE even further.

Ricky didn't deserve MVP--different RB, same old Dolphins--his 1800 yards made zero difference.

Wannstedt, after under-achieving yet again, deserved to be ranked lower than Greg Williams for Coach, and that's not saying much.

McMichael wasn't even the best rookie TE let alone rookie anything--he had a few good games before Fiddler got hurt, but after that he disappeared and didn't show up the rest of the year.

Brooks is by far the Defensive MVP, I don't care who else plays around him. You guys like to yak so much about how great Thomas and your secondary are---don't you think they helped out Taylor being able to emphasize his one-dimensional talent of speed-rushing the QB ??

Back
Top Bottom