Brown leads voting in CNNsi.com Poll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brown leads voting in CNNsi.com Poll

colmax

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
In a poll asking which rookie RB will get most yards this upcoming season, Ronnie Brown led the voting poll with 35%. Next was Cedric Benson with 27%, and Cadillac coming in 3rd with 16%. J.J Arrington of the Cards is in a close race with Caddy at 15%. Last was Ryan Moats with 6%.

It's not just us Finfans who think this guy is good!

I think they're wrong. I like Benson to get the most yards next year. Of course, I'm hoping they'll take it slow with Ronnie. There's no need to try to burn him out his first year when we just might have nice depth at the position one way or another. I see Ronnie going for about 1100 on the ground and 400 in the air. I like Benson for sometihng like 1300 and under 200. I think we have better air options than the Bears do.

If the poll is asking about most combined yards, I guess my answer would be Ronnie. It isn't, though -- it asks who will run for the most...

I think Ronnie will get the most on the ground though I think Caddy could see quite a few catches as could arrington therefore challenging for the most total yards.

I think Benson will see quite a few 8 man fronts and they really dont have anyone whos going to make a lot of plays downfield with Mushin being more of a intermediate type. Certainly nothing opposite him; Berrian is ok and Gage just blows.

Jimmy James said:
I think they're wrong. I like Benson to get the most yards next year. Of course, I'm hoping they'll take it slow with Ronnie. There's no need to try to burn him out his first year when we just might have nice depth at the position one way or another. I see Ronnie going for about 1100 on the ground and 400 in the air. I like Benson for sometihng like 1300 and under 200. I think we have better air options than the Bears do.

If the poll is asking about most combined yards, I guess my answer would be Ronnie. It isn't, though -- it asks who will run for the most...
I'm just hoping Ronnie Brown has a great season along with the team. I'm just wondering though do you think Benson leading the NFL in rushing yards would have any relevance to their offensive line? In my opinion they have an above average offensive line with Tait, Brown, and Kreutz. Not to mention the fact that Benson is a workhorse and they'll probably have a few games pounding the ball to him 25+ times a game. But do you think offensive line plays a factor considering Chicago (in my opinion) has the advantage in that category opposed to us with Ronnie and TB with Cadillac. I also know a big part of it has to do with Chicago not having much of a passing if any... Your thoughts?

I think you're right. Saban doesn't seem to like Ronnie because of his workhorse ability. Instead, he always cites versatility as the factor he likes the most about Ronnie, he can ask him to do anything. Ronnie will get a combined 1200-1500 yards, but will probably just break 1100 or 1200 on the ground. You know, if we're winning games, I don't care if he gets 600 on the ground and 1200 in the air....

Jimmy James said:
I agree -- winning is the most important thing. I think it will be to Ronnie, too.

yeah, anyone who is that good and has a good attitude about splitting carries his senior season in college has to have a team-first attitude. He's the anti-ricky.

Back
Top Bottom