Browns CB Gilbert 'more a nuisance than asset' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Browns CB Gilbert 'more a nuisance than asset'

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Browns first-round CB Justin Gilbert was seen "more as a nuisance than an asset" by the end of this past season.

"He was routinely late, was a chronic knucklehead and rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way," writes La Canfora, who has an excellent writeup on the new lows of the Browns at the link below. Gilbert, the No. 8 pick in last year's draft, was reportedly often late to games. He played just 373 snaps as a rookie and tumbled behind UDFA K'Waun Williams and fourth-rounder Pierre Desir. Much like teammate Johnny Manziel, Gilbert has the early makings of a bust.

Source: CBS Sports
Feb 4 - 12:52 PM

wow that's some draft the browns had...that teams a mess right there

lol From JLC's article

Browns fans, I have a mea culpa to issue. I owe you all an apology.

When Jimmy Haslam took over your once-proud franchise I was fairly effusive in my praise. Finally, I wrote and said, the rudderless franchise would have direction. It would have an omnipresent, accountable owner who was steeped in building teams the right way.

As a former part owner of the Steelers, Haslam was a product of The Rooney Way, and would continue that family's wildly successful philosophy and focusing on the draft, establishing continuity and stability in the front office and coaching staff, doing things the right way, treating employees as equals, empowering from within. Everything I heard about Haslam from his time in Pittsburgh pointed to him being just the man for the long-suffering Browns, and the way the NFL helped fast-track the entire transition process from Randy Lerner to Haslam spoke to its enthusiasm that this sleeping giant in Cleveland would finally awake as well.

Boy, was I wrong. I could not have been more wrong. Things are actually worse than ever in Cleveland, where even a surprising seven-win season has been marred by the unraveling of the staff, the roster, and any faint hopes that for once, finally, this franchise might be on the upswing. Haslam has brought nothing but misery and instability to the franchise, at the same time a federal investigation into fraud charges was ravaging the business his father created, Pilot Flying J

JLC is a walking kiss of death

Back
Top Bottom